“Great carvery”

The Inn For All Seasons
Ranked #5 of 10 Redruth B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited last night with a large group for a carvery meal. Food was excellent with a choice of 3 meats (or a bit of each if you can't decide!). Plenty of vegetables and gravy to go round. Delicious main course and an excellent choice of desserts. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HolidayPenguin

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent every weekend at his this hotel for a year. I was on contract to a local company.

Without fail the breakfast was good and they were happy to mix and match the breakfast menu, including adding items on request, e.g. porridge.

Occasionally my family would join me and this was greeted with delight putting a z-bed in the room at little or no notice. Although the evening restaurant specialises in a carvery, lots of good reviews here that I agree with, the option of an alternative was always there. From making a sandwich when I came in at 4 o'clock to ordering a Chinese take away late in the evening, taking delivery and bring it up to the room plated up.

I have no hesitation in recommending this place, it is what it sets out to be. Reasonably priced with wholesome food, clean accommodation and friendly staff. There may be fancier place settings and fussier menus but this is my favourite in West Cornwall.

Hope I can get back soon.

Room Tip: Speak to the staff and tell them what you would like. Any events are finished by midnight and some r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mickphoton
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Really good carvery, food was delicious with generous portions - only problem was that it was really busy when we visited, would suggest to ring ahead and book to be certain of a table. Plenty of free parking outside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The carvery was delicious, despite waiting for a while even thought we booked a table. The only bad point was that the 'professional chef', who couldnt have been more than 17, was using one set of knife and fork for three seperate meats.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have frequented the Inn for all Seasons for many years and have always been impressed.
We often call in when passing and despite not booking the staff have always found room for us. Our most recent visit was on a busy Saturday and we were seated and called up to the carvery within 10 mins. Generous servings of meat and lots of freshly cooked veg. The staff were friendly and attentive as usual.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tacey
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I went her for a friends birthday meal. The room where we ate was poorly decorated and parts of the ceiling looked as if they were falling down. We had to wait over half an hour for our food which to be honest was pretty lame. The food was nice but very mean portions and extortionate prices. The waitresses were very abrupt and rude. I appreciate they may have been stressed but what happened to customer service? I would not put the place down but I won't suggest it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Emma O
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I try many many places in cornwall for decent grub. When it comes to a carvary i just keep going back to this place..........lovely food, acceptable service and great venue. Also a great hit with the many kids we take there so must be good

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kell1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
Penventon Park Hotel
#2 of 3 in Hayle
The County Arms
The County Arms
#4 of 4 in Truro

Been to The Inn For All Seasons? Share your experiences!