“Fabulous”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great English pub right by the sea in a quiet cove. The menu is simple but the food wholesome and good value, good range of beers and staff very welcoming. The food portions are very generous so you shouldn't leave here hungry ! Dog friendly. Definitely on our list of places to come back to. Total price for 5 meals and a round of drinks £45.

1  Thank glyncoy

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had lunch today after a wonderful walk through the bluebell woods above Gowras mill - all the meals were good but the fish pie was one of the best I have had - served with asparagus - all for £7.50 - would have paid £15 in some bistro - walked back round the cliff path to gorran haven - a top day out

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed in Port Mellon in a lovely cottage just 50 yards from the Rising Sun pub. My wife and I ate here on the Monday night and I had the biggest Gammon steak ever with a good portion of chips, two eggs and garden peas. Truly excellent and not expensive. My wife had a cottage pie which she said was also top class. We were invited to stay for the Local pub quiz which we did. The locals were very friendly and we had a great evening there.
We returned to eat there on the following Friday (our last night) and again had excellent food, service and excellent cider(Addlestones and Thatchers). I had the Gammon again and my wife had the sirloin steak, both superb and again service with a smile. My wife had apple crumble for dessert which was hearty and excellent value for money. Me, not having a sweet tooth.... opted for another pint of Addlestones! We ai to go back to Port Mellon again soon and we will definitely call in to the Rising Sun. Excellent hosts and first class Pub Grub and fantastic views out over the Cove from inside the pub or sat outside.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took our dog for a walk on Portmellon beach just outside the pub and popped in the pub on the way back for a drink lovely pub very friendly staff great for taking kids too and they except dogs inside!

1  Thank SarahBuchanan87
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice Clean Room fine for the £60 paid.There are lovely views from the pub and it was easy to park
Landlady has a quirky sense of humour but her son and husband very polite
My Partner said the breakfast was not great.Sugar Puffs soggy and bacon that tasted strange.
If they has served a decent breakfast all would have been well

1  Thank FalmouthLucy