Talland Bay Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
All reviewstalland bayfine diningdog friendly hotelbrasserie menuquirky decormain restaurantsea viewstunning locationcoastal pathfantastic hotelcornish coastdog ownerssecond to nonehigh standardsunday lunchreturn visitnothing is too much trouble
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2012

we have stayed here several times but this was by far the worst. The food was very poor, badly cooked, poor ingredients and outrageous prices.
We could not find one course on any of the 3 days we stayed enjoyable.
If this is 2 rossette fine dining then its a poor show.

6  Thank colin n
tallandbay, Owner at Talland Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

We were sorry to hear you found our restaurant food poor and even sorrier you couldn't inform us at the time of your stay ?, we might possibly have been able to please you with our Brasserie menu , but it's a little late for that now

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Took a while for me to decide whether to write a review or not because this place is an absolute find and i am loathed to tell everyone about it for reasons that are only positive. What a gem of a hotel - great location, faultless service, fantastic food and as for the view from the front of the hotel, simply stunning!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Talland Bay Hotel is unique!
Beautiful location, secluded and restful. Excellent facilities, beautiful gardens, great staff who are always cheerful and eager to help. The food whether in the restaurant or the brasserie is varied, well presented and of excellent quality.
Our room (4) had a beautiful sea view, was spacious and well furnished. I like other reviewers cannot understand the AA 3 stars, I've stayed in supposed 5 star hotels that could learn something from the owners of Talland Bay!!
My only very small criticism is the yapping dog in the Brasserie on one evening, not the fault of the hotel but of the dog owner!!
This is a Gem of a Hotel and I would recommend for couples wanting a relaxing break away from the stress of everyday life.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are worth the extra cost
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We'd stayed at the Talland Bay several times a few years ago under it's previous owners so I was keen to see the changes.Wow! Totally unrecognisable, especially the service. Friendly and efficient, it was top notch. The real jewel in the crown though is the restaurant. The food is outstanding and the service faultless. Why only 4 stars? My only real complaint is that the hotel is completely closed down and put to bed by 11.00p.m. This may not be a problem for many people, but given the remote location it seems a little early, as there is nowhere nearby to have a nice relaxing late(ish) drink. As breakfast is not served before 8.00a.m. I found myself early to bed ewarly to rise but wating for breakfast! I fully understand the practicalities of staffing for any more hours, but found it slightly annoying. My friends were upset to find no proper showers, not an issue for me as I prefer baths! So if you like to go to bed early, with a nice bath everything is perfect. Seriously though, I can't praise the cooking or the staff highly enough.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. Fine dining in the restaurant is fantastic, the rooms are spotless and very plush, the brasserie also has a great menu and is very cosy, the staff are extremely friendly and efficient, top quality breakfast available and all this from a hotel that welcomes dogs as much as it welcomes people, cant believe it! The icing on the cake though, is the location, WHAT A VIEW!

• Stayed: August 2012