“Good Hotel - Almost great!”
Review of The Seiners Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Perranporth
The Seiners Arms
Ranked #2 of 11 Perranporth B&B and Inns
“Good Hotel - Almost great!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Myself, my partner, our 10 month old boy, and two dogs stayed here for 5 days, (4 nights)
It's position on the beach is perfect, if not ideallic.
The rooms are a little dated, but things were happening as we stayed there to improve this..

We had quite a spacious room, but if you can, pay the extra for the Sea view, as the view at the back of the hotel is terrible. For us though, it just created an excuse to get out on the beach, and walk the dogs!

As with the rest of Perranporth, the hotel is very dog friendly..

Food is excellent.. Breakfast and Dinner in our case was lovely.. The hotel, bar and resturant were always clean. All but one of the staff were lovely, polite, and courteous.

There were, however a few things wrong that could have made it a great stay. Nothing major, just attention to detail.. Silly things when reading this, but a pain when you're the guest.
No Salt and pepper at the breakfast table. No Tea spoons set out.. No Forks on one day. The ashtray and glasses from the nioght before were still out the following day until about 11am. We were at a wedding, and the staff looked like they were in their PJ's.
Even when we were eating our breakfast, 3 out of the 4 staff serving us looked like they had just got out of bed.

Would I recommend the place? Yes.
Go again? Yes

These are silly little things that could make it into a great place to stay, rather than a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for the Sea view if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Teesside, England
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of a Groupon voucher in July. The welcome was very warm and the staff helpful. The rooms need a bit of updating especially the bathroom and we could only get one of the wardrobe doors open because of the wooden paneling around the room. But they where kept clean. Great view from the room.
Breakfast was good on the first morning, but on the second a disaster! Arrived just after 9am. Our order was taken and we got our drinks etc. Toast arrived, then we noticed that people who arrived after where eating and ours still had not arrived. Told a member of staff, said it would be a couple of minutes. after another 10 minutes still nothing. Told another member who appologised and said it was on its way, another 10-15 minutes still nothing?!?! Then we where told the chef had walked out! By this time the breakfast room was empty. In the end one of the servers had to cook the breakfast. By the time we had finished it was 10.30 am.
Ate in the bar on one evening and it was steak night, BOGOF offer. Really good value and good quality.
Hope you get your staff problems in the kitchen sorted.
Would like to mark it higher and maybe if we can get a offer again like we did would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank neilnsarah
Hampshire
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed at Seiners with a friend while we undertook our first ever surfing lessons and have to say, although the twin room we were allocated was a bit basic and the window would not shut due to a broken metal slider, it had everything we needed including a fantastic view of the beach. The food in the evenings and at breakfast was very good and there was a good selection of local beer on offer.We invited friends over on Thursday night for a meal and I have to say the fish and chips was amongst the best we have ever had. The service was great and the staff friendly and helpful and they made us feel very welcome - including my dog. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms over the bar can be a bit noisy if there is a local band playing and you want an early night!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
dorset
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had a great holiday , but i would recommended if you have young kids I would make sure your family room isn't over the BAR !!( loud local music ) ! Breakfasts were lovely You couldn't fault it . Staff were friendly( apart from a few girls moaning about management while doing the toast ) .would defo have someone on the main reception rather than having to deal with hotel issues and and bills and things at the end of the bar , so many different people behind the bar that weren't even staff you didn't know who you where dealing with .... Car park was a nightmare on first come first serve , I think customers should get a space over staff .The cleaner that did the bar in mornings was fantastic , really helpful nothing was to much trouble ( should be promoted to front of house ) for the hotel side .

• Stayed August 2012
Kingston, Jamaice
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I feel I have to write in response to a review my friend read by on here saying not to book your
wedding at the Seiners if you wanted it to be smooth and stress free and that communication was awful.
Firstly, how boring is stress free?! For us brides all we can think is wedding wedding wedding for months but Lisa the manager has so many weddings to organise and is not your personal wedding planner. With the important things... she was right on the ball and would always get back to me, dedicating herself to me the week leading up to the wedding.

Lisa has been doing this a long time, so knows what works. There were things on our menu that Lisa suggested we change nearer the day, and Im so pleased she did, as everything was so delicious and everyone comented on how it couldn't be yummier!

Lisa and Dan looked after me,my husband, my wedding party and my 5 month old son as if we were family, and took all my stress away from me. They would ask me to go through my problems and would sort them one at a time no worries... from helping assemble my impossible to assemble travel cot, to helping me re- burn my Church music to disc the night before the ceremony as I had recorded it on a dvd! From helping me to fix my broken fairy lights to organising a PA for my playlist. Making sure I had eaten after rushing around with last minute preparations all day, and buying us a guest book as a present the morning of our wedding as they realised we did not have one!

It felt like we had the best of friends in a couple we didn't know, and we loved every minute of our day.
The venue looked beautiful, classy and classic and the staff dressed to match. The room was sparkling clean and recentlyhad a fresh coat of paint, & the outside terrace had been cleaned up wonderfully. The flower beds and hanging baskets were flourishing and it was obvious that the staff at the seiners were all trying their best to make you feel special.

Lisa even organised bottles of milk that I had given her for my young baby during the day whenever he needed one. All of this for no extra cost, It felt like she was the best wedding co-ordinator for absolutely no extra cost.

The review that the music was mis-timed for the ceremony, well I think with something as personal as the music it should be someone you know that has been rehearsed, I paid a lot of money for my church service and even they made me supply my own music player and insisted that one of my guests was responsible for the music and not them.

Also that the rooms were not sound- proof.... It doesn't state anywhere that they are but I had a young baby who is a very light sleeper and we slept through no problems with the hotel fully booked so I wouldn't take too much notice of that.

And that the function roo was not locked... again I don't know many places where the room is locked... and with a function room full of people who knows where things go if they went missing and that would not be the responsibility of the venue wherever you go.
We left all of our presents and cards there overnight, lots enclosing cash and everything was accouted for in the morning... the staff even helped us load the car!

I disagree with the statement that Lisa is a lovely lady but totally run off her feet....more like she is an amazing lady giving her job 100%, and is totally run off her feet going that extra mile for everyone!! But always ready with a glass of wine and a calm, happy demeanour whenever you need her.

Our room was clean and comfortable and we had extra towels on request. Other than that we didn't care too much as were having too good a time at our wedding and enjoying being outside with our family and friends.

The breakfast was also perfect & with amazing views across the beach, it is a busy time but just relax and enjoy the surrounding and the whole beach hotel vibe. I am notoriusly a fussy eater and love a fresh and nutritious hotel breakfast, The choice matches any hotel Ive been to and the cooked breakfast set me up perfectly for my day ahead. And I am so looking forward to visiting again soon for dinner at The Rocks Bar.

I am so very grateful to Lisa, Dan and the team and I know you are proud of what you do at the seiners, as you should be. Everyone comented on how brilliant you were and thank you for getting to know everyone.
You were everywhere without really being seen and my husband and I were made to feel so special.I loved at every course you came to check if everything was what we wanted and if there was anything else needed, refilling our glasses and checking on everyone. After a glass of bubbly I relaxed and switched off because I had complete
confidence in you.
And that is what you want as a bride!!

I shall be recomending you to everyone as will be all of my guests... and thank you again for everything, you were such an important part of our day.

Room Tip: Definately a sea view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Marie09_12
London
Reviewed August 26, 2012

A great family hotel in a terrific location. Good food, friendly and helpful staff and with plenty of activities in the pub a top place to stay right on the beach. The food from the bar was great and particularly nice even on a windy day to sit on the terrace protected from the breeze and look out at the changing sea. Hotel is also great with pets so bring your dog and your family and seiners will look after you very well.

Room Tip: ask for a seaview room in you can.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lancashire
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I really can't praise the efforts of the staff at Seiners. The Hotel is a simple, basic yet comfortable and the location is unrivalled.

We took our 15 week black lab puppy 'Sherlock' and it was ideal. In a matter of strides we were on the fantastic beach and the Hotel itself were very accommodating with all staff making a real fuss of our dog, something he loved!

There were a number of other dogs but the property was kept spotless throughout.

The bar area has a lovely atmosphere and the management team lay on entertainment most evenings, which we found ideal, especially given we had a dog in tow!!

The breakfast was more than adequate and again the service very high.

It's not the Ritz, but it doesn't claim to be, I will be returning to Seiners in the future, that is for sure.

Room Tip: Sea View Room on the first floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perranporth
Rose in Vale Country House Hotel
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
#12 of 38 in Newquay

Been to The Seiners Arms? Share your experiences!