“Bar Meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Perranporth B&B and Inns
Mallaig, United Kingdom
“Bar Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were on holiday in Cornwall and decided to have a bite to eat in The Seiners Arms Hotel. I had a flamed grilled Burger, my wife ordered the Hake with a Spinach and Mushroom Risotto which was delicious, my son had the Beer Batter Scampi and my daughter had a kid’s burger. This came to £45 which was great value for money as the food was delicious. The location was great as we went for a walk on the beach after our meal. The staff are friendly and helpful. Highly reccomend cant wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel in Feb 2011 & are going again in August 2011.
Our daughter is getting married in the hotel in October 2011 & Lisa & the staff have been brill. Hope to go for the new year,
Great location on the beach, our dog loved it. Food is excellent, & lisa & staff just brill. cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Nice pleasent rooms & can take the dog. Brill
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

made to feel very welcome staff always happy and smiley manageress life and soul .
great location wonderful atmosphere very clean and tidy , plenty to do free quizzes , singers, steak nights, etc ,will certainly be returning .

Room Tip: great sea veiws
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Silverstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed at Seiners as part of a 'Ticket to Ride' learn to surf weekend and I would recommend both the hotel and Ticket to Ride wholeheartedly. Seiners is in a fantastic location, with brilliant views and the staff in the hotel, bar and restaurant were fabulous throughout our stay - we will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ejk17
divergirlDevon, Manager at The Seiners Arms, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely comments from everybody at Seiners, we are so glad that you loved your stay
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

This hotel enjoys a perfect location on Perranporth beach. The views are amazing - and the hotel has a terrace area which has steps directly onto the beach. The hotel has a cosy feel to it and all the staff we encountered were really helpful, especially Lisa the wedding planner.

The service was very professional and the staff really helped us when we were planning our wedding - answering all our queries and making suggestions. Our wedding day went to plan perfectly, partly due to the service offered by Lisa who was onhand throughout ensuring the day went without a hitch.

If you are thinking of having your wedding here, the staff are great and you will struggle to find a more accomodating and friendly venue!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Seiners hotel was a fantastic place to host a wedding. The view overlooking the beach with the fantastic deck area were superb. At Seiners - when a wedding is booked in - all of the sataff get completely involved and livethe whole experience with you. This was one of the main reasons in my eyes that the weekend was such a huge success. Rather than diffferent staff doing lots of different shifs, the same staff work all weekend making the whole experience less stressful for the bride and groom. It saved them having to explain everything a thousand times. Not only did I think this was great but also - the staff (and I mean ALL the staff) had a massive smile on their fce the whole weekend and really helped to make the weekend a huge success. The only thing that I am dissapointed about is that my friends booked it first and now I can't book it for my wedding!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank arrongodfrey
Newport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

We didn't actually stay in the hotel but we went for dinner in the bar and it was terrible. My starter of garlic mushrooms on toast had promise and it was nicely presented, however, my husbands pate was bland as anything and the tomato "chutney" was nothing more than salsa. I had scampi for my main - how wrong can you go? It was almost black it was so burnt and if it wasn't for the fact that I was starving at the time I wouldn't have touched it. I gave up halfway through though as it was just so tough. My husbands ploughman wasn't too bad but it looked all thrown together and came with more tomato salsa! My advice is to just stay away from this one!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kira S
I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your bar meals. We serve lots of meals every week and if our meals were not up to our usual very high standard I apologise. If you had informed us we could have rectified it immediately, quickly and efficiently. Seiners is an amazing place, with fabulous staff and meals and it feel it is unfair that you advising guests to stay away because of one experience. This is the work place of 30 staff members who depend on this small seaside hotel for their wages each week, please bear this in mind when putting reviews on trip advisor recommending that people should stay away - If the food was not up to standard, again I am sorry but if you had told us we could have put it right there and then.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perranporth
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Rose in Vale Country House Hotel
St. Agnes Hotel
St. Agnes Hotel
#3 of 4 in St Agnes

Been to The Seiners Arms? Share your experiences!