I drive a Fiat Bravo T-Jet and I love this car but there are some significant problems with it. If St Georges was manufactured it would be made at the same factory......
Just like my Fiat it is incredibly expensive. I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza near Buckingham Palace and paid less for B&B. At my favourite 5* hotel in Majorca I get all inclusive and a swimming pool for a night's B&B at St Georges. The hotel is situated well outside of Perranporth and you cannot walk at night into town. The road is dangerous and the cliff path is very very dangerous. There is a route across the fields but......... So that's most of the bad bits!
Just like my Fiat I really like it though. The hosts are very welcoming and unobtrusive. The hotel is very very comfortable with a delightful lounge, a bar area and well appointed surroundings. When you say King Size bed you really mean massive king size bed. If you eat evening meals at the hotel then you will be spoilt as the cooking is delicious and all freshly prepared. Breakfast is nice too. There's some very friendly dogs around (if you like dogs) and on a sunny warm day you could have breakfast outside.
But still I think..... The ensuite is for those who are not too wide (and the toilet downstairs). You need a quick 100 yard walk up the road to safety if you are going anywhere on foot.
So yes I would love to return but you must go when the nights are still light so you can walk in safety in the evening. If only it was nearer the sea, with a safe route into town at night and 30% cheaper this would probably be my favourite place ever to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St George's Country House Hotel is a small and cosy hotel. We have wonderful panoramic views of the countryside and the Southwest Coastal Path is just a hop away. The hotel has undergone extensive refurbishment and is decorated in a fresh contemporary style. All rooms are en suite and have free wifi. There is free onsite parking for all our guests. Our holiday cottage ' The Shed out Back' is a one bed cottage which sleeps 2 adults. It can be rented for a minimum of 3 nights. Bear in mind that you will always achieve the best price and room selection by booking directly with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your St George's Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Country Perranporth
- Hotel St Georges Country
- St George's Country House Hotel Perranporth, Cornwall