This has been our fourth visit to St Georges. Our first was by chance, our second was booked, our third was when Sharron and Sue hosted our daughters wedding reception which they helped to make one of the best wedding receptions we have ever been to, and as caterers we have been to a few. This time we called in on spec again and it felt like we were coming home we had such a fantastic welcome. Sharon and Sue have made no end of improvements and alterations to the St. Georges. We liked the intimacy of the bar on previous visits, but the transformation is amazing with a modern but traditional feel. There are now loads of sofas and chairs you can relax in before and after you enjoy one of their mouth watering meals. After a quick catch up Sharon showed us a couple of bedrooms to choose from - wow - we opted for room 5. Never mind the bedroom which has one of the most comfortable beds you could imagine and a new flat screen tele positioned just right. The bathroom is something else with floor to ceiling tiles and the most fantastic jacuzzi bath - you get in that bath and you really don't want to get out - just what you need after a long day site seeing or lying on the beach. Sharon and Sue have not stopped at the inside - check out the new patio that runs the length of the hotel, just the job for coctails before dinner, and the gazebo with both light and heat that you can escape to when it all get just too much. On our last night our daughter and son-in-law joined us for dinner - we were told the apple crumble was off, there are not many places that are prepared to make a crumble as diners are literally ordering their evening meal. Sue did and and served it up with a huge dish of clotted cream - we'll diet again when we get home. Thanks Sharon and Sue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St George's Country House Hotel is a small B&B located in top of the hill overlooking Perranporth and the countryside. We have wonderful panoramic views and the Southwest Coastal Path is just a hop away. We offer a full English Breakfast. We also offer home cooked dinner for travellers who wish to dine in. All the rooms are en suite and have free wifi. We have a full bar and lounge with comfortable seating. Our holiday cottage ' The Shed out Back' is a new one bed cottage which sleeps 2 adults. It can be rented for a minimum of 3 nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your St George's Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Country Perranporth
- Hotel St Georges Country
- St George's Country House Hotel Perranporth, Cornwall