Open today: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Perranporth Surf School made our holiday!

Reviewed September 11, 2018
Allyson M
Must try

Reviewed September 3, 2018
davephil2016
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews surf school these guys great teacher two hour lesson private lesson great place to learn booked lessons whole week see you next year learn how brilliant experience great afternoon gavin beginners tuition session teaching
Reviewed September 11, 2018

We were very lucky to stay in Perranporth for nearly a month over the summer holidays and between all of us - family of 4 we had around 30 surf lessons.

The guys at the school made us all feel at ease, delivered great lessons and most of all made it fun - even for me who thought I'd never be able to stand up and now can and love it. Big thanks especially to Matt, Louis and Naomi who took most of our lessons. Also to Steph for arranging all of our lessons. We can't wait to come back again and are so excited to have a new hobby as a family thank you to you all :)

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

At my tender age I decided to give it a go. Booked 2 lessons and enjoyed both and even though I will never be great at surfing but I was given confidence to keep going. I now have my own board and will pop back from time to time to brush up on my skills. Thanks all

1  Thank davephil2016
Reviewed September 2, 2018

What an amazing group of people! We booked online and then communicated by email, just to make sure we were definitely on the beginner's course and not the pro-surfer's. All communication was quick, clear and concise.
Arrived on the first day and were kitted out with good quality gear and with surfboard in hand set off to the sea.
All the instructors were amazing, special shout out to Fin and Dylan who were not only knowledgeable but also great fun.
After five 2hour sessions we came away with the teenagers being able to surf proficiently and the adults still trying!
We enjoyed the whole experience so much we'll be back in 2019.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

I took myself and my 2 teenage sons (13/15) for a surfing lesson to try and find the glory years form the 1990's myself! Both of my boys were surfing by the end of the first lesson, they had never tried long boarding before. I even managed to get my 15 stone frame up a few times! Ruben the instructor was excellent, attentive and happy to offer advice when asked. Observing the other lessons around [from the same school] these instructors are all clearly well trained and offer the safest and all round best instruction from my observations. Well done! We will be back!

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

As beginners trying surfing for the first time, we all learnt and enjoyed the experience. Ruben our instructor was very supportive and encouraging. He even showed interest in us making improvements and changed my board when I accomplished the first stage.

One of our group suffered abrasions to her hands due to her delicate skin, would it be possible to offer gloves in the future. Other than this she loved the session.

Overall it was a fantastic experience and would definitely recommended and would do it again myself.

From Birch party

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Suprise holiday activity with our swimming girls, booked before coming down on a personal recommendation. What a fantastic school, office on the beach, friendly staff great instructors.
Both our girls are competitive, synchronised & open water swimmers but took to the careful guidance of Dylan on the first day. Adding additional days until we totalled four days in the week.
Highly recommend, giving confidence and instruction with every wave.
Will book a whole week next year.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

It was the first time our family tried surfing together and im so pleased I went with Perranporth surf school. Dylan our instructor was brilliant, especially with our kids (7 and 9). Even when Dylan was busy the other instructors from the school helped them out so they and my wife and I knew we were in safe hands. This made the whole thing so much more enjoyable. The fact we were all able to stand and ride a fre waves in is testament to their skills. A word of warning if your considering the ticket to ride surf school as they only had what looked like 1 instructor for 20 people so the group was out of control and all over the place. My recommendation is to go with Perranporth surf school. Thanks guys!

Reviewed August 12, 2018

This is a brilliant surf school for people of all abilities and the guys & girls at the surf school really are all fabulous people.

From the girls on the front desk dealing with everyone turning up at the same time and getting them booked in efficiently to the instructors who are patient and explain things very clearly without ever being patronizing, dismissive or offish which can happen very easily when dealing with large groups. Even though it was a hot week in August with a large number of people wanting to learn to surf they had enough instructors available that they were still able to offer personalized coaching over the week.

I've really enjoyed the last week and will certainly be booking with Perranporth Suft School again.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t rate the instructors highly enough. My 8 year old daughter had two lessons this week and was particularly nervous after previously being caught by another board whilst in the water. The instructors gently encouraged her but never pushed her out of her comfort zone, she soon gained confidence. She had so much fun and we will definitely be returning next year when we return to Perranporth!

Perranporth Sur... S, Manager at Perranporth Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Hi Jennie,

Thank you for thanking the time to submit your review! We are very grateful!

It’s great to hear that your daughter enjoyed her lessons and that our instructors were able to regain her confidence!

We look forward to seeing you back again next year!

Best regards,
Gavin & team

Reviewed July 31, 2018

I took my grandchildren surfing for the first with this school. What a great afternoon. They absolutely loved it. The instructors are so friendly and nothing is too much. Even the youngest one who is ten caught the waves, and has not stopped talking about it. They enjoyed it so much, we are going back next week for another go.