“Ticket to Ride: Perranporth”

Ticket to Ride Surf School
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Ticket to Ride: Perranporth”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I fancied having a go at surfing (complete beginner) and came to see the guys at Ticket to Ride, Perranporth: am so glad I did; I had a brilliant morning. While it would appear that my lack of flexibility is going to prevent me turning pro anytime soon, I had a great time in the water finding out, and the instructors are very friendly, really (really, really) patient and totally professional. Thank you so much, especially as a, I was terrible and b, weather conditions were....interesting (ie, at one point, fierce hail). Completely recommended. Matt, Oxford.

Visited November 2012

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Sweet waves, sweet people.”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just returned from a 'Surf & Stay' experience with TTR. Our hotel position was excellent and meant we could switch to surf gear in our rooms if needed. Had two lessons down on the beach which went really well. Feel like I can actually surf (a little) after arriving in Perranporth a total beginner. Our instructors Dan & George were nice guys and gave great individual advice that really helped out on the waves. Julian is a real friendly dude and made us feel totally welcome during our stay. He was very chilled when we wanted to take the gear out on our own which made the trip even more enjoyable. The food at the hotel was great and they had some good meal offers on throughout the week. I Would highly recommend this TTR package to anyone who fancies having a go at surfing. If you are anything like me, you will come out the other side just wanting to surf more.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience, 10/10”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Yesterday was the day we went to enjoy my Birthday surprise, my first Surf lesson!! : ) From the minute we arrived Julian made us feel welcome, put us at ease and settled our nerves!

Neither myself or my partner, my very nervous partner i might add have no surfing experience but the delivery of instruction was perfect for us to take it all in. Light hearted yet clear and concise allowing us to make the most of the lessons being taught, we were both made to feel safe in the water and in no time we were enjoying the amazing feeling and force of riding a wave!!

By the end of our lesson we had both, to our amazement made it on to our feet and surfed a wave : ) : ) : ) Massive thank you to Julian for his patience and instruction.

Cant recommend Ticket to Ride enough, don't let the time of year be a barrier!!!

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Wow!!!! thoroughly enjoyable”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just back from having 5 days of surfing lessons - what an experience!! Julians patience, enthusiasm and encouragement made for a very memorable experience.

Always felt safe in the water and was given valuable advice every step of the way to improve my technique (or lack of!) but I have come away with lots of tips and knowledge and a sense of achievement (no longer body boarding on the surfboard!) now just need to get in the practice.

I would highly recommend Ticket to Ride to everyone - all ages and abilities - a thoroughly enjoyable experience and I will be back for more.

Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Yes.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just had a great 2.5 hour lesson taught by Julian. Great advice, really helped me as a first time complete beginner. Will be back for more soon :)