“Fairly good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Fairly good”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Pub looks great from the outside & seating area looked lovely although it was a bit windy so we sat inside. I was disappointed with the lack of light downstairs, it make the place look a bit dingey. We all had steaks and asked for medium/well, medium/rare & blue. All the steaks arrived medium rare yet they were all very nice. The bar staff were very helpful and polite however the lad who brought our food could have been less hasty in putting the plates down as I felt like my food was being thrown at me, not to mention the explosion of cutlery on the table when it slipped out of his hand because he was rushing. This is one of the better Wetherspoons.

• Visited June 2014

Skegness, United Kingdom
“Medium well done steak? A good vet would have had it going again”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The venue is a typical wetherspoons with good value but the food was a bit of a let down and even more so when brought politely to their attention. I had a curry whilst my partner opted for a steak and was asked how she liked it and said medium well, I don't like blood in it.
My curry seemed a typical frozen fast food type curry with a few chunks of lamb, the accompanying poppadoms were not very nice since they laid warm nan bread on top of them so they lose the crisp and were soft and chewy. The quality was not great. My partner had the steak and it was basically uncooked inside and she felt she could not eat it so just ate the jacket potato and round the edges of the steak.
Moments later the waitress came to collect the plates and said "Was everything ok?" she could clearly see the steak was cut into 4 pieces and rare. I responded by saying " I am afraid the steak was not cooked right and I had ordered medium to well done."
Her response was quite astonishing "You should have said something when we handed it to you and we would have put it back on to cook it more for you", then collected up the plates and walked off. No offer of a substitute, alternative, perhaps a small reduction from a dessert -Nothing. Why bother asking if everything is ok and then make us feel like we were wrong for saying no?
Decided not to cause a fuss so we finished our drinks and went to another venue. The food is cheap and yes that is the only reason why I did not insist on a replacement, in future I would rather pay a bit more and get quality and have it cooked to request.

• Visited June 2014
Portsmouth
“A good Wetherspoons”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

You know what you are going to get in a Wetherspoons pub and this one is no exception. Plenty of parking and all the usual deals we ate here twice and it delivered on both occasions. Do not hesitate to try and so much cheaper than the overrated food at The Watering Hole nearby.

• Visited May 2014
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Quick day meal”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

After going to the beach in the morning we thought we'd give it a try as we have always liked a wetherspoons even better to try one whilst on holiday. After finding a table by the door we ordered at the bar and the lady was very polite. After a short wait the waitress brought are food over who was also polite and helpful. Even though it was slightly busy the plates were collected quickly after we finished. Also a nice building and nice outdoor area! Not sure why there are bad reviews as we couldn't fault it!

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Great Service”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Arrived after 9 with children on a Friday evening after a difficult journey before half term. Hot food was still being served, the quality reasonable, the service great and the value for money, possibly, unbeatable. We'll go back!

Visited May 2014