“Good beer”

Ranked #15 of 41 Restaurants in Perranporth
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went in a few times during our holiday but only ate once on curry night. Meal was ok but went cold quickly. It arrived at the table just as I was getting back from ordering giving me the impression it was already plated up under heat lights rather than freshly cooked. Desert was disappointing, ice cream that melted very quickly and I found a piece of plastic in mine. Was reimbursed but was disappointing overall

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Like most Wetherspoon Pubs this is another Pub where I enjoy visiting mainly to eat. There are 2 levels to this building and it is done out quite nicely. There doesn't seem to be anything special regards the decoration unlike some other of the Wetherspoon Pubs but it is comfortable and clean.
The food we had was tasty and well priced (I think that Wetherspoons are mean with their chips like about 10/15 per meal which I suppose is ok if your not that hungry but this is something that Wetherspoons should improve on - especially as some places do bottom-lesss chips portions)
The desserts were well priced but unless I am mistaken the Hot Chocolate Fudge cake is not the same as it was (presumably different supplier) and quite honestly not as good (Dont be fooled Wetherspoons people notice when you change suppliers). Even so it wasn't bad but no where near as good as it previous was.
Overall food good, drinks well priced and reasonable surroundings.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a evening in perranporth walking the beach and wanted some food we looked around the local pubs and the price was a joke for food! Then we stumbled across the green parrot, it's a beautiful looking building with a great beer garden, the inside is like all spoons quite dark but you know what to expect.

We got served fast even though it was busy there, the food came in 15 mins , and was to a good standard the whole thing with drinks came to the same price as a soup starter a most the other places.

Well worth coming here.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

You get what you pay for usually but with Wetherspoon pubs the value is superb.
We went in for lunch and I had the Friday fish special with a pint of Guiness and for £6 was tasty and certainly a big enough portion for me, the wife had the chicken burger and thought the chicken tasted a bit like it was processed.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been in a few times, it's always nice and has a nice outdoor area too. Food is always good and you have that great Wetherspoons value.