Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
$185
$147
St. Agnes Hotel(St Agnes)
$135
$145
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$101
$140
  • Pool
$128
$124
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$118
$114
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
1,845 results
All reviewssand dunessurf barpapa johnsswimming poolbay restaurantspar shopthe main complexperranporth beachevening entertainmentwatering holelive loungefish and chip shoptouring siteentertainment complexsuper tentstandard caravancamper van
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed in September 2010 Touring in own Mobile Home, The Toilets and shwers are very dated and dirty and smelly, We went to the entertainments bar the first night and were charged £9.80 for a double Vodka and a glass of wine, The Vodka came with a small dash of coke when I asked them to put more coke in I was charged an extra £0.40.
The complex is about a half a mile from the Touring park and then it is another half a mile to the beach.
The Pool is small and also Dated
We found the door staff to be rude and power crazy if you dont have your activity pass on you , you will have to walk another mile to get them as they will not let you in.
I would not go back again as there are far better Holiday Parks around.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Plymouth6
PerranSands, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your past holiday at Perran Sands.
We appreciate all our feedback, although we may not have responded personally, all your comments were passed on to the relevant teams in the hope of improving your holiday experiences.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

This has got to be the most vile place that I have ever had the misfortune of stopping at. We went for a long weekend in August 2010, my daughter was so unhappy that we had to come home early. The only positive thing that I can say about it was the location, it was beautiful. We managed to get to the beach on the first day but it was down such a steep hill that we didn't go again as it was so hard to go up and down, not quite the beach access I was expecting. When we got to the park the staff were very unhelpful and rude, the paying customer was too much of an inconvenience for them as they were deep in discussion. When we managed to get to our accommodation we decided that we would go to the cafe/bar for a sandwich and a hot meal for my daughter. What a mistake if it was the only place on earth that did food I would starve for eternity, the food looked and tasted as if it had been cooked for someone else who decided that they didn't want it so they fried everything again for us to eat. Further into the stay we thought that we were maybe being a bit harsh so we went to see what the carvery was like, the place this time smelt as if it hadn't been cleaned for a week which then put us right of. The entertainment here was awful, I know it's not the best in holiday camps but as it is a family place I thought that there would be more focus on the family, how wrong I was. The only thing they encouraged was the adults to get drunk. On the Saturday night we went to the sports bar to watch the football as it was the first day of the season. They turned the telly of so no one could watch it. I think that this was the icing on the cake for my daughter as she is a football fanatic. The accommodation was disgustingly dirty, the on site toilets smelt, there was rubbish all around the campsite. They need to employee Kim and Agy to clean it up. Never again

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank BrummieM0mmy

Reviewed September 25, 2010

We travelled here to do one of those cheap holidays from the paper. We have done lots of these holidays as it’s a good few days away with the family on a limited budget. Our little one was looking forward to the caravan but what we got was a 1940s concentration camp. The chalets were just horrible. The bedrooms smelt damp, painted a horrible lime green, dirty and falling apart. The bed mattresses were worn out and uncomfortable. Hot water for a bath took 2 -3 hours to heat.

I have stayed in better accommodation whilst back packing around Malaysia and Thailand.

Maybe if you pay £400 - £500 things might (hopefully) be better, but I’d rather go abroad for the same money.

We certainly will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank matt73

Reviewed September 24, 2010

We got our holiday to Perran Sands Perranporth with the Sun holiday deal which we do ever year and have never had a complaint (we have been on atleast 10 breaks with the Sun). However this has to the worst.
Check in was simple as we only had to que for about 5 mins which wasnt bad check in was 4pm, we got there around 4:40pm and expected there to be long ques.
When we got to the caravan which wasnt far away from the amusements, shop, and pool. We were horrified at the state of the caravan, it must have been there since the park opend. The carpet was filty and had not been hoovered, the Bathroom hadnt been cleaned, the cooker woul not light, the gas fire had a dodgy switch to turn it on. I immedeatly phoned reception 2 complain they told me that the cleaners would be there as soon as possible and a maintance man would also be with us to repair the cooker. We waited 20 mins/half an hour no cleaners and no maintanace man so I phoned again and spoke to a different meber of staff who was very apologetic and with in 10 mins of talking to her 2 cleaners arrived. I Pointed out the dirty shower door and sink and thought she would just clean the toliet as it was blatantly MINGING! No I had 2 tell her after she had cleaned the rest mean while the other cleaner was hoovering we could hear all the dirty going up the hoover pipe. Still no sign of the man to fix the cooker. We were starving to locked up and went into Perranporth the meal was Ok nothing to shout about. when we got back tp our grotvan there was a car from the cooker repair man sayin he had cleaned the jets on the hob and gave us instructions on how to light the fire.....! On Wednesday evening we had rain and could hear water dripping and noticed that the vent in the kitchne roof was leakin so we had to put news paper on the floor to catch the drips. Not good. Then to top it off after whe had showerd we had noticed a puddle appearing near the bathroom door, the shower was aosi leaking which had gone right threw into the kitchen cupboard.
This by far is not the Haven we are used to and were very dissapoined and glad that we had not paid what they were askin if booking threw Haven themselves. We will NEVER EVER be goin to Perran Sands Holiday Park Perranporth!!

• Stayed: September 2010
3  Thank Tullah_Hoob

Reviewed September 17, 2010

A dirty, shabby and overpriced crudhole. The caravan stunk of fish and whose door malfunctioned within 20 minutes of our arrival, trapping my toddler in it. After a trip to Truro A&E we arrived back 3 hours later to a caravan that smelt like billingsgate fish Market when the fridges have broken. No one ever cleaned it despite my complaint. The oven was faulty and the nobs came off. The carpets were stained and the bedding was damp. The launderette costs £4.50 per was and £1 per 10 minutes of drying and pretty much all the machines were broken and eat your tokens without washing your clothes so you have to pay twice. Tokens are only available from the spar shop which shuts at 6pm. There are no guidance instructions where to get tokens. The whole place and it's policies are retarded, eg they never have enough laundry tokens because they won't give you a refund on them and the faulty machines eat them. I had a meal at the cafe bar and it was so filthy, the floors, chairs and tables were sticky and caked in dirt. The cleaners were foreign and didn't understand English. The food was revolting and tasted old, burnt and like it had been cooked in 6 month old second hand mouldering oil. Haven should be ashamed of themselves. This place is a dirty shambolic rip off and the staff look like unwashed chavs with nasty gold earrings, wads of make up and bitten fingers nails. The ones I saw had greasy hair and spotty faces which just added to the grime of the place. Overall £300 badly spent and I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010