2,122 results
All reviews surf bar sand dunes papa johns bay restaurant swimming pool the main complex perranporth beach live lounge watering hole evening entertainment chip shop entertainment complex super tent touring site standard caravan steep walk private caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We arrived on the 17th July for a Monday to Friday holiday... we are from Lincoln so it took us 7 hours driving to get down and we headed straight for the reception to check in which wasn't quite ready for us.... they gave us our entertainment passes so we could enjoy ourselves in the meantime..
We had a good look around and tried out the pedal carts which are fun!
we came back later and our van was ready..
you are given a map which makes finding your van easier...

When getting to our van i couldn't help but noticing a cleaner in the van next to ours cleaning it and he was there in the oven even cleaning out the grills, doing a thorough job!!

Our van was completely spotless!! the toaster didn't even have a single crumb on it.... everything was just lovely and welcoming...

Plenty of storage space in all rooms especially the main bedroom which had a desk and stool too..

We had read that access to the beach was down a steep hill which is very true.... but we knew this before we booked and as a family of 5... (two teenagers and a 9 year old) this wasn't a huge issue for us) but those with buggies or mobility issues may want to drive to newquay fistral beach instead (we also did that on another day, lovely too)

The park itself was clean and tidy, no litter that we saw of, the pool inside is warm with a tunnel water slide (we all spent hours whizzing down it) the outdoor pool is cooler but actually nice and refreshing when the sun is out.... both pools are clean with lifeguards in place...

We also tried crazy golf one afternoon which is reasonably priced and good fun!

Entertainment at night was not of much interest to my teens BUT they were more than happy in the arcades next to the entertainment and whilst we played bingo and watched the shows with the younger child they spend their time playing the fun games (machines for all ages)

food wise we stuck to breakfast in the van apart from the last morning we ate in the surf bay on site... (also had one lunch and one evening meal there too) really nice place to eat. Staff couldnt have been any more polite.. very welcoming and relaxing place to eat.... just depends on your budget... eating in a restaurant is always going to cost more than takeaways!

we had papa johns delivered to our van one night which was amazing. Very tasty and lots of food!!!

the on site chip shop is also lovely, and the supermarket has a great selection of food and drinks too...

perranporth is only a 5 minute drive so if you prefer a chinese theres a great one (Mei kitchen) down there that we had twice in the week.... (£25 for 5 of us for a decent selection of tasty food)

lots to do on site, and not too far away from lots of other places to visit too!
If you are staying here and its a sunny day, most definitely head to the start of the beach path at night and watch the sun setting over the sea.... it was one of the most beautiful views!!

Will definitely be returning!

2  Thank sharonwL5603RZ
PerranSands, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Hi Sharon W

Thank you most sincerely for your amazing review and for your five stars.

I am delighted to hear that you found your accommodation to be spotless and our park litter free. Our teams do work tirelessly and cleanliness is one of our main priorities. It is a pleasure to receive your positive feedback and I will share your comments with our team who will take great pride in hearing your review and serve as encouragement.

It certainly sounds as if you made the most of your stay with us, It makes a great difference to us to know that you had a fantastic holiday. We cannot wait to welcome you back in the very near future.

We all wish you a fabulous summer, See you soon

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely rubbish.
We arrived on saturday and our chalet wasn't ready. So we went away as asked and returned 4 hours later to be told it was just done. After a very early start travelling from Leicester we were glad to be booked in and on our way to unpacking. That was until we arrived at the chalet. It didn't actually look like it had been cleaned at all. I brought this up with the young lad on reception but he just shrugged and nothing was done. Thankfully I had taken cleaning things with me so for the first 90 mins of our holiday I was cleaning. We had requested to be sited near our friends as we booked on the same booking yet they were the opposite end of the complex. The "entertainment" was wishy washy at the best of times. You could barely move In the pool and the disabled access beach was a joke how anyone could physically get an adult in a heavy wheelchair down the slope let alone back up it is beyond me! You'd need to be Eddie Hall! The "all inclusive entertainment" wasnt all inclusive at all as there were charges for certain activities, such as surfing, archery and mini golf to name a few. The first night papa John's was closed and the woman in the restaurant told us not to bother there we'd be better off driving down to the village! Every night all we could hear was banging music from the entertainment place and after bringing this up again it was ignored. Not great when you're trying to settle a 2 year old and all you can hear is booming beats! Everyone has always raved about haven but I will never stay there again. I'd rather go without a holiday. £650 Is a total rip off for what we got which was essentially a dirty shed

1  Thank MamaJo76
PerranSands, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am sincerely sorry to hear of your disappointment. We do clearly state on our guests confirmation their time of check in however we do welcome our guests on to the park on arrival and issue you with passes enabling our guests to use all the facilities that we offer. I am deeply saddened to hear that a member of our reception team shrugged and did nothing whilst you were expressing concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. We take the cleanliness of our accommodation extremely seriously so please accept my very personal apology and can I ask that you call our customer service manager on 01872 573 551 to discuss this on our park.

Following feed back from some of our returning guests, they expressed that they wished to receive value for money so there is a small cost for some of the activities. Many guests have no interest in taking part in some of the activities that we offer so we felt it unfair to incorporate the cost into everyone's holiday. We do monitor the cost of activities including surfing, crazy golf and archery around Cornwall and feel that we are extremely competitive. Guests can also pre-book activities at a discounted rate prior to arrival.

As 75% of our park is owned by our owners we can never guarantee that any accommodation will be next to each other however we do our very best to ensure that all guests travelling together are as near to each other as we can possibly get you.

We do have a service bus that comes on to the park and for a small charge will take guests down to the beach side in Perranporth, the second option is a pay and display right next to the beach. Cornwall has an absolutely stunning but rugged coastline. We do have an accessible road taking guests down to the beach which is extremely steep as the coastal path is not pushchair or disabled friendly. Again I absolutely agree it is extremely steep as it resides down a cliff and your only choice will be to stop to admire the stunning views more than once.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that you felt that you were ripped off however we do check our prices against other parks in the area regularly. We do get some fantastic reviews regarding our facilities, activities, uniqueness of our park and indeed our friendly and helpful team members and I can only offer my very personal and sincerest apologies that on this occasion we failed to overwhelm you.

We would love to welcome you back in the future. We wish you a fabulous summer.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Lovely site loads for the kids to do. Had a dog friendly caravan which stunk of dog urine and our pampered pooch has returned with unwanted guests with her. Kids loved the swimming pool however every time there seemed to be the same little group of kids there that seemed to rule the pool and the lifeguards didn't seem to bother with them running a mock like the pool bullies. On our first night we got apprehended by the security staff on entering the amusements which turned out to be mistaken identity but not a nice thing when going for a family evening out with 3 children. The beach is excellent and was a stones throw from our caravan.

1  Thank mrltm

Hi mrltm

Thank you for leaving us your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for finding your accommodation to smell of dog urine, When made aware our accommodation team would of immediately re-cleaned your accommodation as cleanliness is one of our main priorities .

I am also disappointed to hear that you found some of the children in the pool to be bullies, We absolutely do not condone this behavior or tolerate it however we do ask that children are accompanied by an adult at all times as our lifeguards are there to ensure the safety of all of our guests and safety in the pool is our number one priority and unfortunately they are not there to rectify the behavior of other children. It saddens me deeply to hear your comments that there were children behaving this way.

Again I am sorry to hear that you were apprehended by our security team on entering the amusements. Again the safety is a priority however I appreciate the inconvenience that it caused you and your family.

We value our guests reviews and I will be discussing your comments with our heads of departments however this is not going to rectify the issues that you have pointed out to us and we ask that our guests discuss any issues that they may encounter immediately enabling us to put put things right whilst you are staying on the park.

I am delighted to hear that you found the beach to be excellent and just a stones throw from your caravan.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience, we hope to have the opportunity to better your experience with us the next time you are in beautiful Cornwall.

We wish you an amazing summer.

Reviewed July 21, 2017

We arrived on a Saturday was told are carvan was not ready so had to more us to different caravan. But the van was not to bad. There was not much for the kids to do during the day which was hard to keep 3 little ones entertained. And the evening shows became the same most nights could of been mixed up a lot more. There could be some kind of wifi to access as will as signal is shocking at the park people would pay for it if had option would not be hard to sort. Things could of been done a lot better. This is most likely the last time we use any haven site as was not much for a 2,4&5 year old to do.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Steven H

Hi Steven H

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review on TripAdvisor of your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you found your caravan to be not to bad, We never guarantee a specific accommodation as there are many unforeseeable circumstances that prevent us from doing this.

I am disappointed to hear that you were unable to find much for your 2,4 and 5 year old to do during the day. We do have a soft play area, various play parks, swimming pool and many other activities such as crazy golf some of which there is a small charge for. The payable activities are value for money and not included in the price of your holiday as feedback from our returning guests state that many families go out to the beach and explore Cornwall and prefer us to offer value for money. There are discounts for guests pre-booking activities.

We do provide wifi in Surf Bay, Coast and in and around our owners reception. We believe that our families come on holiday to get away from it all, Spending valuable time together and making memories so we do not provide wifi within our accommodation and I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this may of caused you.

I hope that you were able to enjoy Cornwall and I will certainly pass on your comments to our management team as this enables us monitor all of our guests expectations when booking holidays with us. We would love to welcome you back to Haven in the future maybe even as your children grow.

We wish you a fabulous summer.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Mixed feelings about this park! Check in should have been 2pm, 30mins later the receptionist swapped us with the chalet next door as the cleaner wasn't finished. After he advised us of the looonnng way round and we couldn't get access to the chalet a haven worker pointed us in the right direction!
I booked a comfort plus (3rd tier of the chalets) literally because when I booked this holiday it didn't give me the option of a premier chalet. Why I don't know but I always book wanting as luxurious as possible. I don't want basic when on holiday but this is certainly what I got! From the outside they looked dirty and in need of a good wipe around the windows! They looked like derelict outbuildings! My 11 month olds feet from crawling around the chalet looked like she had played in swarf! Floor felt dusty and dirty. I did speak to a stand in receptionist at 8:30 the next day to ask could it be moped.
All but one door hanger had broken, a real lack of clothes space for 7 people. The door stop in the bedroom had broken and a screw hanging out, 2 chairs were loose in the kitchen and by thurs one bolt fell out. The weather dropped on weds and in returning from the show in the rain, the fire didn't work. The shower/shower room! Gross. Floor soaked after 2 mins in the shower and a mop & bucket left to keep mopping it it up! Chalet clearly had dogs in previously ( noticed after I had cleaned the floor so much) after I specifically asked not to have one used for pet owners when I rang for the booking details.
Swimming pool and changing- diabolical! No where enough changing rooms for the 114 people it allows. All were disgusting by 3pm, toilets had toilet paper all over the wet floor and 3 of the showers were out of use. I did raise this with the pool manager who apologised. Oh and the lockers need 20ps each time you open it. You may read (as I would have) and said 'it's only 20p you tight madam' but it's a pain with 3 children to try and keep the 20's on your persons and shower.
Now for the better parts-
A well stocked shop, reasonably priced, cooks chip shop nice, papa johns, ok although as I collected my pizza a lady had found something in hers and was complaining, great timing!
The arcade offered something for everyone and was family friendly with a little play area. Lots of activities on offer and unlike a lot of haven sites I've experienced they all seemed to be running. The fun stars people were fab, really entertained the kids and the adults with their humour and all with a real passion about it. Couldn't fault them! Found the overall staff friendly. I would have liked to have spoken with the manager at some point but the last 2 days we avoided being in the chalet and were out into Cornwall which is beautiful. I have been a loyal haven customer and have always kept an open mind when visiting but this is one park I wouldn't revisit and feel confident saying the comfort plus chalets are not worth what we paid! They should be at best the comfort and no more! A fair review I feel regardless of expectations!

1  Thank beckdavi
PerranSands, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Hi beckdavi

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your recent stay. It is only through our guests feedback that we are able to maintain and indeed where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

I am sincerely sorry to hear of your experience when checking into your chalet, trying to locate your chalet and your accommodation giving you the impression it looked like a derelict outbuilding with a dirty floor. This is not the impression that we wish to give our guests. Please call our customer service manager on 01872 573 551 however I will ensure that everything that you have noted including that you found the shower and changing facilities diabolical is discussed at the next team meeting. I am very disappointed to hear of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience I do extend it with all sincerity. I can only imagine that all of our premier chalets where booked at the time you were booking.

I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy all of the facilities that Perran sands has to offer and I will pass on your comments regarding our fun stars to their manager. Our team are dedicated and experienced and love what they do however we do also have a number of team members who are just staring out in their Haven career who are also dedicated to learning the expectations that is required of them at Haven.

Cornwall is a beautiful part of our country and we are are extremely fortunate to be located central to many attractions. We are surrounded by stunning beaches, many untouched with stunning views alongside some amazing little towns and fishing villages some of which have become famous due to TV.

Again please accept my sincerest apologies and please call the number above to speak with our customer service manager located at Perran Sands.

I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty. We take great pleasure in welcoming back our returning guests and look forward to welcoming you back to Perran Sands in the future.

Regards