“Perran Sands :) A Must !”

Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Kent, United Kingdom
“Perran Sands :) A Must !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We have just come back from our 1 weeks stay at Perran Sands Holiday park.Have to say I am sad to be home lol I enjoyed myself so much !!!
We booked a chalet as we had two small dogs.The chalet was Ok nothing to write home about,it did feel a little like living in a fishbowl as there was just no privacy from the people next door.So everyone keeps the curtains closed all day and night.I recommend Haven put up some blinds or net curtains as it is very unnerving when getting out of the shower,and little people standing directly outside looking in ;/..The bathroom was ok but could have been cleaner,especially the shower,however I did pop along to the shop and purchased some bleach.to clean it with.There was a mess up with our booking,as I had booked this holiday around Christmas time, So saved alot when doing so,but we were put in the wrong chalet,we were put in a no pets ;o so I was a little scared when two security guards came knocking on the door 4 days into our holiday They asked us to move to another chalet which we were glad of,as the other one was bigger and was so much nicer :) The security guards were also lovely too..Phew ;) Anyway the park itself is Fantastic I really mean it,we have been to so many "Haven Parks" over the years that I have to say,this by far is the Best !!! There is so much for the children to do,swimming going to the park watching football or playing,going to the beach there is something for everyone clubs trampolining.I cant mention everything,surf school...But best of all is **Perranporth Beach ** It is simply beautiful and no effort to walk too as its all down hill,,walking back mind, is a killer lol But we cheated and walked to the pub on the beach.Not the wateringhole as that is a little overpriced for my liking but the Sunset bar which is joining the Ponsmere hotel..The food and drinks were just great and the view to die for.The evening entertainment was Ok not that great as the fun stars are probably new to the season and it seemed like a great effort to interact with the children and the holiday makers.On many occasions my daughter was up with the children showing them dances and getting down on the floor to start the "oop's up side ya head" But this should have been the work for the "Fun Stars" My daughter enjoyed herself so I suppose that's all that matters..I would definitely recommend this park as it has everything,and you are just a 5 minuet drive from Perranporth town with lots of cafe's restaurants ect..and That Beach!! Give it a go,you will not be disappointed .

Room Tip: A caravan is probably the best way to go,for privacy.
2 Thank Samantha C
Perran S, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hi Samantha C

Thank you so much for the great feedback; I am delighted that you had such a brilliant holiday.
I was so happy to read your great comments about our park. We have a great team here and I think our sports and leisure activities are great so I was really happy to see that you feel the same.

We are lucky to be in such a beautiful area of the country with a fantastic beach that you can access directly from the park. I do have to agree that it can be quite a tiring walk coming back up to the park from the beach as we are at the top of the cliff but, with such incredible views, I definitely think it’s well worth it!

I was sorry to hear of the confusion over your chalet but am pleased that it was all sorted out for you and that you liked your second chalet even better than the first one. I have also passed on your comments about how lovely the security guards were and they were thrilled to get such great feedback.

I have noted down all of your comments regarding the blinds/net curtains and the entertainment and will be discussing these in our next management meeting. Thank you for leaving this feedback as it is through reading comments like these that we are able to highlight areas for improvement so that we can make sure we’re providing the best experience for all of our guests.

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your holiday and I hope that you will return to us soon.

Kind regards

Jolene Lambert
Assistant Holiday Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here over the Easter hols from the 21st - 25th April and had an amazing time.
We had previously stayed here before a couple of years ago and were so excited to return and it didn't disappoint!
The caravan was a brand new 2014 one and it was FAB! Central heating for the chilly mornings, en suite toilet and spotlessly clean. Normally you have to expect uncomfortable beds in a caravan but they were lovely and we had 4 great nights sleep.
There is a path from the site onto the beach which is a bit steep but not a problem for us, the beach is lovely and when the sea is out you can walk right along it.
There are costal paths all around for lots of walking and it really is a beautiful part of the country.
On site there is so much to do. We ate In the restaurant, the food was lovely although service a bit slow, we didn't mind waiting for the food but there was also a wait for drinks which was a bit annoying especially for our 2 children.
We booked to have breakfast in Alfie, the campervan which the children LOVED!
The children loved the arcade area and spent forever on the 2p machine (as well as a fortune!!).
The evening entertainment was good. The guys and girls did a great job keeping all ages entertained and again our children loved it!
I could go on but overall it is really just a lovely lovely caravan site and we will definitely be returning.

1 Thank LisamarieHardy
Perran S, Reception Team at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello LisaMarie Hardy

I would like to start by thanking you so much for your incredible feedback, it is so brilliant to hear you had an amazing holiday.

I am delighted that you were happy with your accommodation, we feel the accommodation is a vital part to making a brilliant holiday and we do take a lot of pride and time making sure the caravans are spotless and comfortable. I will most certainly pass your comments on to our accommodation manager so he can pass your brilliant feedback on to his team.
We are very lucky here at Perran Sands to be based in such a fantastic location, the beach is stunning and like you said we do have a lot of outdoor space to go for brilliant costal walks and make the most of the great outdoors.

I am so pleased you made the most of the facilities we have to offer here on site, our Surf Bay restaurant was new to us in 2013 and we have had very good feedback since it opened last year. I would personally like to apologise for the wait you received on your food and drinks, and I will inform the complex and restaurant manager so we can look at improving this quickly. It is great that you enjoyed your meals, the Surf Bay menu does have a lot of choice and most of the food we serve comes from local Cornish suppliers. Alfie defiantly makes things a lot more exciting for the children and I’m so pleased you got the opportunity to enjoy this.
Our Funstars do work extremely hard to keep all of our guests entertained and it is brilliant that all of their hard work had not gone unnoticed.

I would like to just thank you once again for all of your lovely comments, I am so pleased you had such a fantastic holiday and we really look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards

Xavana Herrington
Reception Team
Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Came here for the week from 12th to 19th April for an easter holiday break & got lucky with the weather! Only 10 mins walk to perranporth for the best beach in the UK! Caravan was beautiful & the site amenities were all we could ask for my son loved tge pool with water slide. Evening entertainment was a brilliant and the funstars amused my son whilst we had a nice drink he loved getting up on stage for his birthday. Hope to return next easter fory 30th!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LouLouOxford
Hello LouLouOxford

Thank you so much for you brilliant feedback. I am so pleased that the weather stayed nice for you for the duration of your stay, it does always make such a difference to your holiday when the weather is lovely. We are extremely lucky to have our park based in such a fantastic location. I completely agree with you, Perranporth beach really is beautiful. It is brilliant to hear your son kept busy using the swimming pool and the other daytime entertainment we offer her on site and you know what they say, happy children, happy parents. Our Funstars do work extremely hard to keep all of our guests happy and entertained during their holiday and it is superb that they made your holiday and your son’s birthday very special.
Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back next year , and hopefully making your birthday one to remember.

Xavana Herrington
Perran Sands Reception Team
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Fantastic weekend had a caravan upgrade lovely caravan close to the entertainment. Great entertainment good food in surf bay restaurant apart from the mix up on the garlic bread not getting the orders correct so not good service. Cant wait to go back again soon

Room Tip: Go for prestige or premimium
1 Thank ammers20
Thank you for your feedback. I am so pleased the caravan you were allocated was perfect for your needs, and nice and close to the facilities for you. We do try to meet any special requests regarding the location of caravans. I feel we have a great entertainments team here on park and I am really glad you made the most of the activities and shows we have to offer. Our Surf Bay restaurant was brand new to us in 2013 and it is brilliant to hear you enjoyed your meals in there.

The prestige and the Platinum caravans are lovely and I am sure you will not be disappointed.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here. We love the location. Great walks and access to the beach. Loads of activities for the little people. Wish the prices of drinks I the club were not so expensive £4.60 for a bottle of cider is robbery!!! Good job we are not big drinkers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m sure you will agree we are very lucky with the area and location of our park; we are defiantly based in a very beautiful park of the world.
I am really glad you made the most of the activities we have to offer here at Perran Sands, the day time program has such a variety of activities to keep the children entertained for hours. Thank you for your feedback regarding the prices of drinks, we do try to keep our prices in line with the local competitors, but I will most certainly pass your comments on to our management team.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We visited Perran sands for a Monday to Friday break and stayed in a standard two bedroom chalet which do not look great from the outside but are very comfortable inside. All the kitchen equipment was new(ish) and the furniture was clean and modern. The chalet was very clean and the beds are very comfortable and are made up on arrival which is great.
This is a great site to take your dog as it is situated on the sandy dunes overlooking the sea. It is quite a trek down to the beach though especially for those less mobile, even worse on the way back up! If the tide is out it's a lovely walk across the beach to Perranporth or if not just a short walk across the cliffs.
We ate at the Surf bar on site and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, we can thoroughly recommend Surf and turf from the menu. The most expensive meal we had was around £20 each including a couple of drinks. The staff were all great and work really hard to make your holiday a good one. We also tried the on site chip shop which was great on the first visit but had run out of most things on the second visit a few days later. Maybe they need to manage their stock better!
The entertainment on site is good for children and they are kept entertained day and night by the staff. Drinks in the club are usual camp site prices .
A great base to stay and explore the area, we visited Padstow and St.Ives and overall had a lovely holiday. We would definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Try a chalet instead of a caravan they have much more room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I would like to start by thanking you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so pleased you found the chalet comfortable and well equipped with what you needed for your holiday. I personally feel that the chalets are brilliant, like you said, they are very spacious with modern furniture and they all have heating in the bedrooms which is very handy in the colder months of the year.

We are a dog friendly park here at Perran Sands and like you said there is a lot of open space for dogs to really enjoy as well. The walk down to the beach is down a hill and can be a bit of a challenge on the way back up, but I’m sure you will agree with me, absolutely worth it. The walk across the beach is a lovely walk to get into Perranporth and there is a little bar on the beach to stop of for a nice refreshing drink and enjoy the beautiful views.

Our Surf Bay Restaurant was new to us in 2013 and we have had brilliant feedback since we opened. I completely agree, the food we offer is brilliant, we serve a lot of local Cornish produce and have a large range of different dishes to choose from and like you said it is very reasonably priced.

I personally feel we have a great team here at Perran Sands and everybody works extremely hard to make everybody’s holiday special. It is fantastic that this has not gone unnoticed.

I would once again like to thank you for your feedback, I am so pleased you had a lovely holiday and we really look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been going to Perransands all of my life and my brother and sister before me, who are now in their mid seventies, I have even worked there. I have seen a lot of changes over the years. The location is brilliant. The staff friendly, I have given a five overall rating as that is what it deserves, there is just one moan, please bring back a larger indoor play area for the children for when we have bad weather, there used to be one with a coffee shop for the parents, it was great, now you have lots of coin machines which are expensive if you have several children, and you have to run the gauntlet to get them into the club in the evening or take them swimming.

Room Tip: Bear in mind it can be very windy, take straps for your awning.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I would like to start by thanking you so much for your feedback. It is so brilliant to hear that you have been a repeat customer of ours for such a long time. We are very lucky to be based in such a fantastic location with beautiful surroundings and views. It is also brilliant to hear you found our team friendly, I personally feel we have a great team here at Perran Sands and it is fantastic that all of their hard work is not going unnoticed.

We do develop our park year on year and make changes to please our guests and improve their holidays, our customer feedback is very important to us and we take on board all of the ideas and comments that are bought to our attention. I will most defiantly pass your feedback onto the management team.

Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Xavana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perranporth
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
St. Ives Holiday Village
St. Ives Holiday Village
#20 of 21 in St Ives
Perran View Holiday Park

Been to Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!