“Fantastic”

Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday in one of the privately owned caravans. The park is great plenty to do all the staff are amazingly friendly, on 2 occasions I ate in the surfbay and I must admit the service is rubbish and if it takes this long now I would hate to be in there in August, must give a massive shout out for all the fun stars what they do every night is amazing I couldn't do even half of it, the only problem we had was there was no tiger club this was a massive disappointment to my family !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Perran S, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at Perran Sands. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us.

I am really happy that you found that there was plenty to do on site and that the team were friendly and looked after you. I will pass this on to all the team and in particular the Fun Stars. We still run kids clubs throughout the day, but they are not named Tiger Club anymore. The main kids club is Club R&B (Rory and Bradley) and they do a variety of activities each day. I hope your kids got to try some of these.

I am sorry that you experienced any problems with the service in Surf Bay. We have seen an increase demand to try the restaurant facilities over the Spring Bank Holiday. With the restaurant being busier we have had an increase wait time, as to ensure a high level of quality of food we cook fresh to order. If you could provide me with details of your visit to the restaurant to perransandstripadvisor@haven.com this would be greatly appreciated. We can then speak to your directly about this and this will help us review and improve the service we deliver.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Perran Sands again in the near future.

Holiday Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We checked in May 17 for three nights. My family booked for a prestige (caravan 609) for roughly £400 whilst our friends booked a standard for £250. We were surprised by the prestige as it was far from what we saw on the website! It has smaller twin rooms than the standard caravan, smaller living area and the couches in standard are bigger too! We actually spent most of our time in the standard as it has more space! We spoke to reception when we saw the caravans but receptiin said they cannot give us anything else because we already went inside the caravan? We did not even touch anything as when we went inside, we were definitely sure it is no where near the prestige caravan on the website. We wanted to see deluxe and superior caravans too but the receptionsaid they do not do that too. Please do not mislead people by the nice glossy pictures. Not happy paying a lot more extra for something as okay as the standard.

2 Thank Guia P
Perran S, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Perran Sands. I am very sorry to read that your caravan did not meet your expectations.

I can see that the caravan that you were allocated was one of our 2012 Willerby Isis caravans. These were designed with a beach themed feel to them based on feedback from previous guests to provide more of the seaside experience. . We have many different makes and models of caravans that meet each grade’s criteria. For the images on the website we have chosen a caravan that we feel gives a fair representation of each grade.

Again I am very sorry that this did not meet your expectations. If you could send me through your booking details and that of the standard accommodation your friends were allocated I can look into this in more detail. If you could please contact me at perransandstripadvisor@haven.com.

If any of our guests are unhappy with their accommodation we will always do our best to assist them. If it is possible, we may be able to offer you a change of accommodation however this is subject to availability at the time and can see from our allocations and can see that we were fully booked on our Prestige and Deluxe caravans over the weekend.

I hope that this does not deter you from holidaying again with us. I look forward to speaking to you directly in the near future.

Salisbury-Wilts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have just returned from a week away at Perran Sands. We stayed in a deluxe plus caravan and were really impressed with the standard of the caravan. It was well equipped but we were a little bit surprised there was no toaster. Making breakfast with a tiny grill in a galley kitchen with two small children was a little tricky bit it wasn't enough to spoil our holiday at all.

There were 6 of us in an 8 berth caravan and we had decided we were going to use the pull out bed in the lounge and have a spare room for luggage. We discovered that there was no duvet or linen for this bed but a quick phone call to the reception and they were delivered.

We were very impressed with the site facilities and the location of our caravan for getting to the beach. Four of our party used the pool and said it was warm enough (although it was a sunny day) while we had a drink at the new Surf Bay Restaurant which was very relaxing and had a lovely location.

We found the park very well positioned for getting out and about in the local area and walked to Perranporth a couple of times. We all agreed that this is the best Haven site we have been to and would definately return

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Perran S, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Perran Sands. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. It is great to see a 5 star rating!

I am really pleased to see that you found your caravan and clean and comfortable. We take great pride in delivery a high quality of accommodation. It was great to read that the team were able to sort you out with the missing linen quickly. I will pass your comments on to the accommodation manager to share with his team.

It was also really great to see you enjoyed the facilities on site. The new restaurant, Surf Bay, has been designed based on guest feedback and to incorporate the best qualities of our location. The feedback from all our guests has been great. I am pleased you found it relaxing too.

I do have to agree that we are in a fantastic location. We have great access to the amazing beach at Perranporth and to the surrounding area too. I am so happy that you will be returning to stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Bollington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have just arrived back today after a 7 night stay at Perran Sands, we have stayed at a lot of Haven sites but this is by far the best. We did book a privately owned caravan which was first class. The thing that makes this site stand out from the rest is the staff all so friendly and polite and they look like they are enjoying what they do, the fun stars put so much enthusiasm into there evening performances they were all great. The restaurant on site surf bay is amazing a million miles away from the normal mash and barrell, great menu serving local food wonderful surroundings and again lovely staff, we also managed to eat one evening in Alfie the camper van that made our evening really special my five yr old son loved it ! We also ate in the new fish restaurant "funky fish" this meal was superb and again the new restaurant looks amazing. The surrounding area for Perran Sands is also fab great to explore Cornwall and the beach attached the the site is great very very clean and a nice easy walk over to perranporth itself. All in all I think every Haven Site needs to come up to the standards of Perran Sands I really could not fault anything infact we have already booked to return next year well done Haven.

1 Thank Lisa H
Perran S, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Perran Sands. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much with us.

I am really pleased that you had great stay in one of our owners units. I am sure that they would be very happy to read your review too. We are really proud of the team on site, and we do agree that really do make the difference in making a great guest experience. I have passed your comments to all departments so they can share with their teams.

It was great to see that you enjoyed the onsite food facilities. We have invested about £2.5m in the new restaurants this year and the feedback has been truly fantastic and quite over whelming. Alfie is proving very popular with kids and many guest have comments how it has made their stay really memorable.

The park is in a fantastic location and has great access to lots of attractions in the local area. We do pride ourselves on keep the park clean and tidy and doing part in looking after the environment. I look forward to welcoming you back to Perran Sands again next year.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Last week we took a family break at Perran Sands Holiday Park..and have to say it exceeded our expectations.
We stayed in a prestige van, which was absolutely lovely & the heating was very much appreciated, as weather was cold at night ( & some days too!) The only downside however was the state of the floor upon arrival, I had to clean this myself as was sandy & sticky!
This was reported to a member of staff on the afternoon of our arrival who came to check if we were settling in ok..she apologized & said if we'd have notified them first they would have got the cleaners back to take care of it.
We were impressed with the facilities available, all park areas that we saw were clean & tidy & the park had a lovely feel about it.
All staff that we met ( reception, pool, cooks fish shop & spa shop & surfs bay were very friendly & professional.
The pool was ok, but bit boring in terms of design & was very cold on our first visit..our one year olds teeth were chattering within 5 minutes..however on our subsequent visits ( thought we'd give it another go ) we found the pool to be lovely, much better temperature. The lifeguards were fun & our older soon enjoyed the pool activities that he booked.
Word of advice..the Haven pool & sports activities do range from £6 - £8 per activity, luckily we had overbooked an activity pass & it saved us a lot of money.
Perranporth is an ideal base for which to get out and explore Cornwall's many delights..mostly with an hour to hour and a quarter travel.
Perranporth beach itself is lovely, & walk down from site is definitely not for those with walking difficulties, but we enjoyed it & the climb back up!
We had one of the best meals we've ever had at the parks Surfsbay restaurant, staff were fab & the food..well, was wonderful.
I would definately recommend this holiday park & we have every intention of returning again. It has a much nicer atmosphere than some of the other Haven sites we've stayed on.
We had a very enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed May 2013
Perran S, Manager at Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and review on your stay with us at Perran Sands. It was great to see you had an enjoyable stay.

I am delighted that you found your caravan to your liking. I am sorry that there was a problem with the cleaning of the floor on arrival. Hope that this did not cause you too much of an inconvenience. We are very proud of keeping the park clean and tidy, and also doing our part to look after the environment.

We have invested about £2.5m on new restaurant facilities for 2013. They have been very well received. I am really pleased that you enjoyed these too. We do believe that we have a great team on site and that they can truly make our guests experience extra special. I will pass your comments on regarding the pool team to the Sports and Leisure Manager. I know he will take great pride in sharing this with them.

The sports and leisure activities are very popular, perhaps even more so this year. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the activity pass to book your activities. Did you try the archery and do we have any budding Robin Hoods’ in your family?

The park is also ideally located, with great access to our fantastic beach and the surrounding area. The walk to the beach is steep in places but I feel it is well worth it. Within the local area there many great places to visit too.

Again I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to Perran Sands again in the near future.

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

we had caravan 7 which was right near the club house etc. it was a fantastic caravan with all the mod cons and integral units. the downfall of being near the club was the noise at night-times so you have to weight up what is best for you.
we went on this holiday through the suns £9.50 holiday promotion and we were not disappointed it had plenty to do and kept the kids entertained over the weekend.
we would definitely go again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Perran Sands. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

It was great to see you found your accommodation clean, comfortable and to your liking. From the unit number I believe that you were allocated an upgrade to one of our Prestige caravans. We aim to keep the kids busy and entertained. So I was pleased that they found they had plenty to do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Perran Sands again soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family and i return year after year and always enjoy this particular campsite but this year perransands exceeded our expectations.
Lovely clean facilities and really friendly staff. The ladie who cleaned the toilets was the nicest most friendliest lad.
The door stuff at the club/amuzements were very smiley and friendly.
Everything was perfect..apart from on day one i noticed a man who worked there barking orders at a security man to chase a litle girl whom was of an age of about 5 because he wasnt happy about her entering the shop unattended and shouted for him to tell her parents in the most awful tone.
Night two we arrived and i wanted my little boy to have his photo taken and there was a couple left in the que. By the time i'd got to the front of the que the elephant waved bye and the curtains closed. i quickly approached the man who took the pictures and asked if anyway my little boy could have his photo taking and he said no its too late, in such an abrup tone and so dismissive and rude, i felt shocked by how unfriendly this man was considering perransands is such a child friendly place.
So then the next night i got my little boy all dressed smartly for the photo, we joined in the games, did the congor twice around the room and then qued for the photo. once it was our turn my little boy who i may add is 1fourteen months old was staring at character in fancydress (Rory) and the man quickly snapped away.. i was convinced my little boy hadn't looked once so i asked the man on stage who was the photographer as well as the shop assistant, did you manage to get him to look as obviously to buy a photo you've especially qued up for you would think this would be a main factor. He replied in a sarcastic tone yes i have!!!! so i thought ok and walked off.
I then qued for a while waiting for my picture to see on his screen he had taken four pictures and not one was facing him. I glanced through trying to pick the best one and he was just so rude and made me feel like i was wasting his time and he was in too much of a rush to let me look at the photos again. Barking questions at me like what size etc. i can't undersatnd how he is allowed to be in this business with his horrible attitude.
i wouldn't normally write this review but he was so rude that it really upset me.
His name was Daniel jones and i have also written to the company on hope that he is spoken to directly and told this behaviour is not acceptable for a child friendly site.
Putting this all aside, the venue, new restaurant and facilities were all really great and i would recommend perran sands.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at Perran Sands. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it exceeded your expectations.

It was great to see that you found the site clean and tidy. We do take great pride in looking after the site and the local environment. We have received fantastic feedback on our facilities this year. The new restaurant, Surf Bay, has been particularly well received.

I am sorry to read that you experienced service problems from a member of team on site. I have forwarded the details of this to Blair Cowan our complex manager. He is reviewing this with the team member in question. Please could you provide me with details of your stay and your contact details so we can investigate this matter further. Please can you email me on perransandstripadvisor@haven.com.

As I am sure you have experienced from the rest of the team on site this is not the normal standard of service that we provide. I am pleased that this did not detract from your overall enjoyment of your stay with us. I hope that we can welcome you back to Perran Sands again soon.

Holiday Experience Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perranporth
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
St. Ives Holiday Village
St. Ives Holiday Village
#20 of 21 in St Ives
Perran View Holiday Park

Been to Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!