This was our first caravan holiday so we went with an open mind. We had a brilliant stay, there are good facilities for kids and although it's a steep hike, the beach is beautiful.
The caravan (standard 3 bed) was ok, given the time of year it was very cold at night so layers of clothing for the kids were needed. A good range of kitchen utensils and crockery, a TV, fridge, microwave, oven and hob. It was really handy having the extra bedroom to stick the suitcases etc in out of the way, otherwise I feel we may have been a bit cluttered.
Overall the caravan was perfectly comfortable.
The site staff were friendly enough but service was a bit slow on check in, we needed a bed removing from the kids room to make way for the travel cot. We were told this would be done for us before we arrived but we ended up doing it ourselves as 4 hours after arrival it was still not done, we were also sent around the houses a bit to get a rental bed guard but these were minor irritants rather than a big issue.
We went to a craft morning at the club house, there was a good range of craft materials to make anything you liked, pipe cleaners, tissue paper, scissors, glue, googly eyes etc but not a lot of staff supervision or direction to inspire any ideas, although it was still pretty fun.
The pool was clean enough and there were slides for the older kids.
This was exceptional value, we had a groupon offer but to book online at normal price only turned out £10 dearer. I would definately go back but would probably take a couple of electric heaters!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great for:• Surfing, sunbathing and picnicking• Uncrowded, relaxed atmosphere • Discovering nearby NewquayWith our large sandy beach and huge ocean waves, our surf school makes Perran Sands a great spot for surfing beginners. And if you’re a bit more experienced or just want to try another challenge then we’re just a few miles from Newquay and some of the best surfing beaches in the UK. We’ve got even more excitement for you to try on our park thanks to sporty facilities like our climbing wall, indoor and outdoor fun pools with a water flume and our adventure golf course. We’ve also got a great range of Safari Tents, Yurts and Geo Domes which are well worth checking out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perran Sands Holiday Park Hotel Perranporth
- Perran Sands Holiday Park Perranporth
- Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven Perranporth, Cornwall