Having been to a few Haven sites including the flag ship site Devon Cliffs, i was expecting much of the same at Perran sands. How wrong I was!
Upon arrival we was greeted and given a very warm welcome by a friendly security guard whom pointed us in the right direction to book in. As we arrived later than our allocated time, booking in was simple with no queues.
We found our caravan and was really pleased with it. We stayed at 416 Penreath View. It was a privately owned van but sublet by Haven. It was situated about 6-7 minutes from the amenities, and about 4 mins from the beach (if dare to brave Heart Attack Hill), so all in all we was happy.
The site itself was a lot different to the previous haven sites we have visited. We liked the fact that you could get something to eat without having to take your children through the arcade....and as every parent knows, this is not an easy task to get your kids through it without shelling out a few pounds here and there. The on site facilities where great, the children's entertainment was brilliant, it kept my two boys enthralled till we left around 9 to 9.30pm. The show carried on but that's late enough for my lads.
The dunes where great for exploring and the beach is fantastic.
The staff were all friendly and very helpful, the site is a delight and very very clean, the litter pickers where out come rain or shine every morning at 7.30 picking up any stray litter. I really cannot say enough good things about this site.
Off site there is plenty to do, with Healeys Cyder Farm and Newquay all about 15 - 20 mins away.
We as a family will now DEFINITELY make this our Haven holiday of choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great for:• Surfing, sunbathing and picnicking• Uncrowded, relaxed atmosphere • Discovering nearby NewquayWith our large sandy beach and huge ocean waves, our surf school makes Perran Sands a great spot for surfing beginners. And if you’re a bit more experienced or just want to try another challenge then we’re just a few miles from Newquay and some of the best surfing beaches in the UK. We’ve got even more excitement for you to try on our park thanks to sporty facilities like our climbing wall, indoor and outdoor fun pools with a water flume and our adventure golf course. We’ve also got a great range of Safari Tents, Yurts and Geo Domes which are well worth checking out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perran Sands Holiday Park Hotel Perranporth
- Perran Sands Holiday Park Perranporth
- Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven Perranporth, Cornwall