Before we arrived we received notification that we had been upgraded to a 'Luxury Plus' caravan. I can only sympathise with those that were not so fortunate. Our caravan was damp infested and the curtains didn't fit the windows - those that did were not attached to the curtain rails. Our party consisted of 2 couples and, possibly because of our age, we were placed right next to the entertainment complex. The entertainment didn't finish until around 11:30 most nights which made it difficlut to get an early night - difficult for those that were not sleeping well on the uncomfortable beds. I benefit from being able to sleep anywhere, but I do snore so I was banished to the living room on more that one occasion. One night I pulled out the extra bed from under the seating area only to find a sweat encrusted mattress with no sheet to cover it - so I slept on the seat. Remeber - this is 'Luxury Plus'.
I will say that the entertainment on-site is excellent. The nightly entertainers are very good and those members of staff, whatever their rate, are not paid enough in my opinion - they were brilliant. The bars are all clean and modern, with an excellent selection of drinks. The Spar shop on site seems well stocked and the fresh stuff looks excellent. The places to eat on site - a Burger King and a 'Wetherspoons-style' bar - are again very clean and modern. We were most impressed with the on-site facilities - while looking a little dated externally they were very good once inside. The indoor pool (outdoor is closed in October!) was small but adequate - the flume is good for the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great for:• Surfing, sunbathing and picnicking• Uncrowded, relaxed atmosphere • Discovering nearby NewquayWith our large sandy beach and huge ocean waves, our surf school makes Perran Sands a great spot for surfing beginners. And if you’re a bit more experienced or just want to try another challenge then we’re just a few miles from Newquay and some of the best surfing beaches in the UK. We’ve got even more excitement for you to try on our park thanks to sporty facilities like our climbing wall, indoor and outdoor fun pools with a water flume and our adventure golf course. We’ve also got a great range of Safari Tents, Yurts and Geo Domes which are well worth checking out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Perran Sands Holiday Park Hotel Perranporth
- Perran Sands Holiday Park Perranporth
- Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven Perranporth, Cornwall