“Perfect !”
Review of Heather's Coffee Shop - CLOSED

Heather's Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small cafe located on the scenic B3306 road in Pendeen, Cornwall. Offering proper coffee, a selection of teas, light breakfast/lunch and homemade cake. Highchairs, outdoor seating and disabled access provided. A top score, 5 star Environmental Health rating. A friendly atmosphere that welcomes all; from families on holiday, to local cake enthusiasts, to walkers in need of a well earned break. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

For many months I've been viewing the mouth watering cakes that Heather has been posting on her Facebook page. I knew that a holiday in the far west of Cornwall wouldn't be complete without a visit to finally sample one of her delicious cakes. The coffee shop itself is very pretty. Big windows let in lots of light and the wood panelling is painted in pale sea sidey colours. Window seats filled with stylish cushions provide seating as well as the comfy wooden chairs at beautifully polished tables. A collection of teapots line a high shelf and tasteful local art work that is for sale adorn the walls. Outside at the back is a pretty patio area. A great sun trap on a sunny day.
We ordered a light lunch which arrived in no time at all. My jacket potato filled with a mushroom, red onion and mustard sauce was absolutely delicious. My husbands panini was huge and stuffed to bursting point with brie and thickly cut bacon. Of course we had to leave a little room for a pud and we were so glad that we did. A meringue roulade filled with strawberries and a double chocolate cheesecake were utterly divine ! Thank goodness we were due to go or a long walk afterwards to work off the calories.
I have to disagree strongly with the previous reviewer about the lovely staff chatting. I hate sitting in silence and feeling I need to talk in hushed voices. There was a lovely atmosphere in the coffee shop because there was a lot of chat between the girls and the customers. A coffee shop is often the hub of a community along with the pub and should be somewhere that you can have a good old natter. I wouldn't have known that the shop was somewhere that the villagers once got their water from in years gone by if we felt we had to drink our tea in silence !
Do go to Heather's coffee shop if you visit this beautiful corner of Cornwall. You will be in for a treat !

2  Thank bree59

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Detoured to Pendeen to visit this cafe on the strength of tripadvisor recommendations.
Spotless facilites, pleasant decor and welcome from staff. Tempting menu. The service was good but the 'stuffed tiger' was not what I had expected as the filling of cheese, bacon and onion had been blended into a rather cloying substance, the texture of which was not to my liking.. No reason to assume that others would not find this fine though. The thing that cannot pass without criticism is the way that the atmosphere in the cafe was dominated, and destroyed by the staff who chatted incessantly and very, very loudly about their personal business..Weddings, holidays, inflight experiences...it was not possible to hold a conversation across a small table without raising one's voice to counter it. There were no other customers in the cafe at the time and we almost felt as though we were intruding on the staff's space. I really couldn't get out of there quickly enough.

8  Thank munc84
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On holiday and we've already been there 4 times in just over a week and hope to go again tomorrow .The food is always totally delicious and the drinks are very good. Such a welcoming little place where they all obviously care about doing everything just right.

1  Thank Pheasanty
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have visited Heather's Coffee Shop many times since opening just over a year ago. The food is first class and freshly prepared and her cakes are 'to die for' all home made and truly delicious. A great place to unwind with family or friends over an excellent cup of whatever takes your fancy (there is a very wide range of teas as well of the delicious coffees available) and a slice of cake. Well behaved dogs are welcome and everything on the extensive menu is affordable.

1  Thank DeniseB773
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been a couple of times for coffee - they are 'dog friendly' so I can take my chihuahua in with me. Had lunch there this week and it was very nice. Coffee is good and prices are reasonable. The cakes look AMAZING....especially the Strawberry Polka Dot! Excellent access for disabled and a pleasant garden.

2  Thank Moll_Black