“Great hospitality and service”
Review of St Johns House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pendeen
St Johns House
Ranked #3 of 5 Pendeen B&B and Inns
Goathland, England, United Kingdom
“Great hospitality and service”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at St John's house with two colleagues for a couple of nights in October. We were there to film for the Royal Society of Art down at Geevor tin mine. Moira was amazingly helpful with transport, directions and even volunteering to print out our filming schedule which we'd forgotten to do! The rooms were comfy and clean the food was terrific and we definitely want to visit again. We were the envy of some of our colleagues who stayed elsewhere in the area and didn't enjoy such a high standard of accommodation. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Moira Keogh provides at St Johns House a beautiful and informal sanctuary. Everything about Moira and St Johns House is about providing her guest’s with the most comfortable stay possible. Unfortunately for me I knew none of this before I booked and consequently had only arranged a one night stop on my SWCP journey. If I had known I would have made sure that I could have organised my itinerary to stay at least a couple of days. Clean, tastefully decorated, great breakfast, a short walk to a local pub providing good food and potentially a good central position for any visitor to a host of interesting attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Perth
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've been touring the UK from Australia for the past month and staying in B&B's along the way and I can honestly say that my stay with Moira and Matthew at St John's House was the best by far. Moira is so charming and friendly and her attention to detail in the bedrooms and bathroom was lovely and exceptionally clean. Fresh flowers were everywhere and there was a beautiful smell throughout the house, gorgeously decorated rooms - it was truly a wonderful stay and I cannot recommend this b & b highly enough. Do yourself a favour and enjoy the wonderful hospitality in the gay-friendly St Johns House. Regards Sandra

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at St Johns House for one night after walking from St Ives. Having had a bad experience at St Ives on the previous night, we stopped walking a little earlier than usual to find a place to stay. We were welcomed by a very friendly lady who showed us our room which was beautifully presented, told us the cost ( which we thought very reasonable) and were invited to make our selves at home. We made tea in our room and rested and showered, then set off to find something to eat. With 2 or 3 pubs and the Meadery to choose from within walking distance we thought St Johns House was ideal for its location too. Breakfast in the morning was tasty and the dining room we ate in was also well presented. I would recommend St Johns House to anyone staying in the Pendeen area and will probably stay there again!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
chesterfield, england
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My partner & I stayed here after walking from St.Ives, we only stayed for one night as we walked to Sennen Cove the next morning, we both found the hosts to be very friendly, the breakfast featured locally produced metas and home baked bread, which all tasted really good.
The room we had was the twin and was non en-suite, wasn`t too much of a problem, the toilet/bathroom was just across the way and i think was exclusively used by ourselves, i have to say i did miss not having a tv in the room as i`m a bit of a news hound and its a reference for things such as the weather forecast, quite essential when planning coastal walking.
The property does not have a car park, however the public car park is next door and is free so you are ok to leave your car if, like us, you are planning on walking the whole of the following day and returning for the car via local bus later in the day, the bus stops right out side the car park, perfect!!
There are 2 pubs in Pendeen, the Radjel, which is you typical local drinking place, its St.Austell owned so there`s tribute & HSD on, we had a pint in here and it was ok, about half a mile away is the North Inn, the curry menu here is legendary, so thats what we ate, it is also St. Austell so you know what you are getting beer-wise, i would recommend the place. About a mile away past the North Inn is the Trewellard Arms, this is a free house and has loads of hand pulled beers on, we loved the place!! so have a walk along the road, you can`t miss it, it is just past the Geevor tin mine

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clayxblade
west midlands
Reviewed August 31, 2010

i stayed there for 3 nights i paid up front if i hadnt i would have left & not stayed for the whole time i spent there i never had any clean sheets i had to sleep in the same ones for 3 nights never got any clean towels again had to use the same ones for the whole 3 days when i got fed up with having to dry myself with damp towels i asked for another & was given a tea towel to dry myself after going in the shower ran out of milk in my room never got topped with coffee tea or sugar or milk so i had to buy myself some from over the road at costcutter when you pay £30 a night you would expect all of these things then when we were talking 1 night at 22.30 was told in a very cocky way to be quiet then to make matters worse then traffic noise was terrible i would have been better off in a tent would i stay there again what do you think no way would rather stick pins in my eyes couldnt wait to get out of the hole

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank dowdy_p
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Tim and Noreen were very good hosts welcoming their guests with the assumption that they are tired (which was very true in our case).  We enjoyed a pot of coffee upon our arrival after walking 14 miles from St. Ives.  The room was small but very clean.  Noreen is an excellent cook and served a delicious breakfast, custom made to our tastes.  Overall, we can confidently recommend our stay at St. John's House.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandCHouston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pendeen
Cape Cornwall Golf & Leisure
#1 of 9 in St Just
No photo provided
The Old Fire Station
#4 of 9 in St Just

Been to St Johns House? Share your experiences!