“A place to work and rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Royal Inn

The Royal Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Par
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“A place to work and rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

En route to Newquay from London for a work day trip I had a three hour stop over in Par to make my connection from the sleeper train to the Newquay branch line. The Royal Inn is right next to Par station and the staff showed fantastic hospitality and made the experience extremely comfortable indeed. So much so that I went back on the return leg of my journey and was able to work in comfort before taking the night train home back to London.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Food was pre heated crap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Spent over £7 on a meal the food was clearly re heated and had a rubbery texture are the meat and sweed had to leave the rest , school dinner level food at pub prices

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Nice British food in Par with a good community feel in the bar section. The service from the waitress was spot on and the food was good value for money. Highly recommended for simple choice of evening meal.

Visited March 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Quite simply a top draw meal. Two huge meals with a drink each on NYE was £40, not set our choices and the portions were massive and of a very high quality. I would suggest calling in advance to book a seat as they can only take about 25, but worth teh effort!

Visited December 2013
Fowey
“I think I've just had one of my worst ever meals”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is a pub restaurant. A Friday night and the pub side was busy. However, the food side was almost completely empty. Yet we were seated in a darkly lit corner, which was so cold and draughty, I ate my food with my coat and scarf on. If we had not been invited by friends, I would have put my coat on and just walked out!

I asked for some candles for the table, just to make it a tad cheerier.

The food was dull, dull, dull. Bisto gravy smothered pork, beef and turkey. My pudding was chocolate parfait, followed by 'petit fours', which was a repeat of the former, exactly, except that the the parfait had been rolled, roughly into balls - with repeated shortbread holly leaves we'd just eaten.

I couldn't wait to leave and go home to be warm, and forget the entire experience.

• Visited December 2013