“recommend to dog owners”
Review of Welcome Home Inn

Welcome Home Inn
Ranked #13 of 26 Restaurants in Par
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Made welcome as soon as we walked in,good beer garden at back ,locals friendly enjoyed a few pints here.Dogs welcome.

2  Thank martinggracey

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I couldn't begin to think how many times I had driven past this pub in Par, so on these few days' visit to Cornwall, I decided to rectify that situation. I adore the pub's sign, that of a sailor returning home from his travels carrying a parrot and his kit bag, to be met by his wife on the doorstep of their cottage. How romantic is that?

As I walk inside, a couple of locals turn to look but their gaze is friendly as is the greeting from the bar. There's a good range of well-kept ales and prices are reasonable. I take a seat and decide to have some lunch here as it's just so warm and cosy inside.

I choose ham, egg and chips and very good it is too, plenty of it and beautifully cooked and great value at six quid. I wash it down with another pint of St Austell Tribute ale and to be honest, I could quite happily sit here all day.

In these days of record pub closures, it's good to see staff who truly know and appreciate the value of hospitality, after all, this is the hospitality business. How I wish the Welcome Home Inn were my local, but one thing for sure is that I certainly won't leave it so long unti my next visit. A tip top, cracking pub.

4  Thank GBfromDevizes
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The best Pub in the area, Excellent home cooked and cheap food, and lots of it, good selection of beer's and ales Very dog friendly pub with the best Landlady (Sarah) and Landlord (Michael) Nice pleasant and helpful staff wonderful atmosphere and varied entertainment. This pub is so amazing I would not go anywhere else and would I would recommend it to all

5  Thank Gordon S
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been here a few times and always have a warm welcome. lovely open fire in the winter and a very large beer garden for the warmer times. Great staff and friendly locals with good entertainment and food. Try it... you will be pleased.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The postmaster next door said it was a small and busy pub so we booked for Sunday lunch. People nice, garden not bad, price is cheap but oh how they overcooked the lot. Every veg boiled till soggy . Big plate full if you like that and puddings included were Ok but all veg totally overcooked . Might suit some but not our cup'o tea sorry. And landlord it ain't a good idea to be stood fagging it at front door with ya regular drinking mates .
However, to be fair, Ship Inn down the road not much better either.

1  Thank MrT1610