“Ploughmans”

Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Par
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had lunch in the garden. Portions huge, had to take away some of my ploughman lunch!
Seagulls very quick to fly in to eat leftovers, so be careful.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This pleasant and busy pub with good fresh food is a delight to eat in. Old fashioned setting inside with lots of outside seating. Excellent carvery or al a carte at very reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Not anything to write home about. Beer was well kept, didnt try the food. Nice location - but most places in cornwall are :)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

the waiting on staff couldn't have done more for us, and the food was delicious, good selection and plenty of it, good choice of beers too, just out of season but still quite busy, thoroughly enjoyed it

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Lovely atmosphere watching a brass band outside in the gardens, didn't sample food but had tea which was ok and a bit pricey for what you got.

One member of the bar staff was so incredibly rude to me when I asked for some clean cups. The cups we had been given were filthy. I understand these things happen and went to the bar to ask for some more. After waiting a while the member of staff snatched the dirty cups from me, walked off and returned with 2 more. Without a word to me she plonked them down in front of me and turned to serve the next customer. When I (politely) pointed out that one of the mugs was dirty again she gave me a filthy look, snatched both mugs away and when I tried to tell her it was only one of them she ignored me and walked off. When she returned she literally slammed the new mugs down in front of me again without a word. I was actually really upset by this. Manners cost nothing and are so important when working in customer service jobs. It's put me off going back to an otherwise nice pub. A shame.

2  Thank Jenny T