“Nice and easy”
Review of The Royal Inn

The Royal Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Par B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Visiting the Eden project? This is ideal for a stay. Rooms were good and comfortable. TV, DVD player, music system. Nice bathrooms. All round quality. Nicely decorated in the public hotel areas. The bar is quite welcoming with local ales and good basic food. Pie, steak etc. good prices also. The chips are homemade and very crispy, just as i like them. The food was served very hot which was also a plus. The breakfast was good, nice choice and plenty of it. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Billythefish1

Reviewed August 8, 2010

List of good points:
For the money, the Premier room No. 6 is huge, clean, well lit, the bed is massive, (I couldn't find my wife at one point in the night as she had rolled over to the far reaches of the otherside of the bed), the bathroom is clean, both Bath and shower work accordingly, the TV-Freeview-DVD player all work, the bed linen is in good quality, there is high quality sofa bed by the window, solid wood wardrobe and drawers, hairdryer, coffee+tea+biscuits, proper key instead of some techy electronic door swipe, NO SOUND FROM NEIGHBOURING GUESTS OR THE BAR DOWNSTAIRS!!!, nice quite thick carpets, plenty of fresh air coming in through the easy to open large windows, unstained towels, what appears to be solid marble flooring in the outside hallway and stairs, warm sun lounge area right outside of the room with comfy chairs, clean & spacious dining area, A VERY WELL PREPARED INDIVIDUALLY TAILORED COOKED BREAKFAST WITH TEA+COFFEE+JUICE+CEREALS+YOGHURTS+TOAST&SPREADS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE ROOM, you CANNOT hear the train from the train station despite its closeness to the inn but you can take advantage of it to travel across Cornwall. the waitng staff are polite, the person who appears to be the mangeress is chatty and knowledgable about the locality, (which is good given I grew up in the area), I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS PLACE.
Now the bad points, (this review has to be balanced in some sort of way):
When you first walk into the Inn during the afternoon using the front entrance, (i.e. the bar/pub), the youngish localls who seem to spend a lot of time at the Inn all turn and stare at you which can be somewhat intiidating. It was almost enough for my wife and I to turn around and find somewhere else, (we are so glad we didn't as once we were presented with our room key it meant we could access the Inn from the side door which meant never having to go through the front again). Erm, that's about it for the bad points. I suppose they could do something about the slight damage to the corner of the bath panel, some Inn based stationairy would have been nice and some clearer instructions on how to use the TV would be areas to pick up on but this is really being picky.
For the price, the location, the rooms, the facilities, the staff, the breakfasts, the parking, I am struggling to find anything better. .

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this B&B on the final night of our holiday in Cornwall. Our holiday was originally Monday-Friday but we decided to go see Al Murray at the Eden Project on the Friday night so needed somewhere to stay as we didn't want to drive the 4 hours home afterwards. So, it was originally just someone to get a few hours sleep. But it was so much more. On arrival the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Immediately checked us in and showed us to our room. Room was spacious and clean, very nice! We were given a key to the back door as we'd be coming back to the room late at night also. We got a very good night sleep. Although there were other guests staying, we didn't hear anyone else. Very comphy bed. Bathroom was very clean and shower was a power shower. Breakfast was lovely- big choice of foods and quick service. I loved my stay at the Royal Inn, and had wished we'd stayed a bit longer. If i were ever in the area again I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My partner and I stayed there for one night during a weekend to attend an event at the Eden Project. It was perfect for our needs- easy check in, really friendly and helpful staff and good pub food for dinner and breakfast! I would thoroughly recommend this place - great value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stayed here to be close to Eden Project and highly recommend this hotel. Very good value for money and will most certainly stay here when I am next in vicinity. Ideal for the Eden Project

Reviewed April 30, 2010

Loved this place - comfortable, clean rooms, with a nice bar and decent food downstairs.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2010

The hotel is very clean, the service was excellent and the food piping hot and great quality - highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Par
Premier Inn St. Austell Hotel
#15 of 97 in St Austell
Ragstones B&B
Ragstones B&B
#1 of 16 in Par

Been to The Royal Inn? Share your experiences!