“Everything you could want.”
Review of The Royal Inn

The Royal Inn
Ranked #2 of 16 Par B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Good Pub with lovely rooms. This Hotel/Pub has just about all you could want,Good Beer,good food and good Entertainment. Oh,another plus.....the Landlady is a nutter !
It's situated close to the Railway Station but NOT noisey.You can walk to the Beach in 5mins. Public transport close at hand. Did I mention the Duck Pond and the Swans swimming in the Lake ?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Royal Inn

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were very impressed with the friendly, helpful staff who were on hand to offer advice about the area. The hotel was homely, clean and comfortable. The food was very good with an extensive menu and there was also entertainment in the bar. All at a very reasonable rate. Moreover the location was very central and allowed easy access to the train station so that visiting other areas in Cornwall was simple.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and i have been here at least half a dozen times. We did not stay but we were using the restaurant.
We mostly have had sunday lunch and it has been very good. The staff were very attentive and knew their jobs. I was pleased that the food was served on hot plates not luke warm like many establishments.
The vegetables were served in seperate dishes and were made up of fresh ingredients. \very nice.
I am not a pudding man but my wife always has one and she has not been dissapointed.
Local beers and guest beers are available a nice touch is they let me try the ones that I was not aware of, now that's quality service.
My understanding is that the B&B service has a 3 star AA rating, in my book that should include the food as well.
I will be going back now and again for lunch and I am sure that there will be the same Quality of service..well done

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was our first visit here and we are sure like many others we booked bed and breakfast only but when we saw the menu we just had to eat in!! there was a good selection of vegetarian dishes so we were both very happy.
waiting staff were very attentive, there is a good selection of local draft beers in the bar, which is also popular with the locals ,one night there was live music from an exellent Fleetwood Mac tribute band called "Tango in the Night".
all in all a good place to stay - we plan to visit again

Room Tip: we were at the rear it was very quiet , the front is closer to the road
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a night while walking the South West Coast Path. We had a fabulous room - large with a lounge area and a great bath, which is lovely after a long day! We had an excellent dinner & delicious breakfast in the dining room. The staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mojito12
Reviewed October 4, 2012

When booking accomodation we are usually guided by Tripadvisor reviews. I am persuaded when 90% of comments are good, ignoring the other 10%. And so it was with the Royal Inn at Par in Cornwall where we have just spent three most enjoyable nights..

Our room was large, clean and very comfortable. the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was absolutely superb. I have to agree with all the previous reviews except the comment that the bed was too hard. Ours was extremely comfortable although we do not favour soft matresses.

We would like to have stayed a fourth night but our room was unavailable.

We have no problem with awarding this Inn five stars.

Room Tip: We were in Room 6. Large and very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

stayed here in sept 2012, what a find!! had room 4, which was stunning, couldnt believe this place was a B&B!! food cooked to order and surpassed many top restaurants I have been too, breakfast was good value as included and far exceeded my expectations, am already thinking about when I can go back!

Room Tip: room 3 is set up for disabled with a wet room, so if you want a bath, ask for a different room when...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Par
The White Hart
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate
The Fowey Hotel
The Fowey Hotel
#3 of 3 in Fowey

Been to The Royal Inn? Share your experiences!