All reviewslounge bareden projectlot of traffic noisefantastic showerbeer gardenstayed here for one nightfollowing morningfish and chipswould stay againmain roadbeautiful rooman evening mealb bswarm welcomesuitecornwall5mins
Reviewed September 15, 2017

My partner and I stayed here for one night on a Friday. There was ample parking and we had a very friendly and warm welcome from the staff. The room itself was quite small but had a nice big bed. Complimentary tea, coffee etc although typical wholesalers fayre as opposed to more personal touches. From a price perspective, I think this was expensive compared to other hotels/B&Bs I have stayed at but is comparable with a Premier Inn. The breakfast was not bad, though the fruit salad was prepared on a plate and wrapped in cling film which I did find a bit naff! Overall a pleasant enough experience..... would we stay again? Probably not.

BritanniaManagement, General Manager at The Britannia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the Britannia Inn. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and the cleanliness. We do try to be as competitively priced as possible and reflect our AA rating. We will certainly look into our brands of complimentary tea, coffee etc and also our layout of fruit in the mornings. We do hope you may consider us for another stay in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

I visited Cornwall last month for a camping holiday with my other half. I wouldn't have booked this place if it was up to me but she insisted and insisted until I caved. I mean, who really needs a holiday in a holiday? This is real life, not Inception. You know, the tent had Wi-fi and heating. There were showers. It's not like this holiday was twentieth century camping. I think, therefore, that my review holds more weight because if this hotel was rubbish then I would say so. This hotel was excellent. The rooms were fantastic. The facilities were great. The staff were lovely and the price was reasonable.

I still don't think I needed to stay here, but it was better than a tent.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank Stringdoggle

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the Britannia Inn. We are very pleased that your partner talked you into staying with us ;-) and even more pleased that you ended up enjoying your stay! Thank you for your fantastic comments on our rooms, facilities and staff and we really do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

I took my girlfriend away to the Eden Project for her birthday and The Britannia Inn is in an ideal location to visit there. This place is fantastic. We had a really nice, clean room. The staff are friendly and the food is all great. I look forward to staying again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the Britannia Inn. Thank you so, so much for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us, we are really pleased you both enjoyed your time here and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

This pub has a huge garden area and ample parking. It also welcomes dogs in the main bar and in the garden. The real ale was of a high quality served by very pleasant staff. Two of us had the large fish and chips which were very well cooked and well presented. My wife had Lasagne which had been on offer and was a touch to dry so she was a little disappointed. However all in all a very pleasant experience and I would return when next in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
BritanniaManagement, General Manager at The Britannia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the Britannia Inn. Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us. Brilliant to hear our food and service were of a high standard, but very disappointed to hear your wives lasagne was dry, we will certainly look into this for you. We very much hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Staff were EXCELLENT!! Friendly, very helpful. Food at the restaurant was first class, cooked fantastically. Very, very clean room, fantastic shower. Very enjoyable experience & would DEFINITELY go back again without any hesitation. All of the staff here go beyond the call of duty to make sure you are catered for & nothing is too much bother. It's no surprise it is always busy as the service is BRILLIANT & I can not rate this place high enough!! Thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

The only down side (and this is NO FAULT of the establishment what so ever,) is being situated on the main road, there is a lot of traffic noise but this is only my very minor issue which did not spoil our stay, but, like other reviews, I'd just thought I'd mention it.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff WHEN BOOKING for any particular request & they will do their very best to accommodate.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the Britannia Inn. Wow, thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us. Brilliant to hear our service and food were of a high standard and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us, we really hope you will come and stay with us again in the future.