“Very nice place to stay”

The Britannia Inn & Waves Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Par
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent a few nights in this hotel. The room was very nice and clean. With enough space in the room. Breakfast in the morning was also very good with fresh fruit. We asked the staff about the Eden Project. They immediately offered to bring us. They dropped us at the entrance of the Eden Project as a service for free. The staff was also very friendly and made nice suggestions to see things around in Cornwall.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

despite not booking we had a table immediately. Staff friendly.
Food excellent very well presented. I can definitely recommend the lemon sole, The vegetables were enough for me but possible someone with a larger appetite would want more. My husband had the curry and that was ample portion. Prices seem to be the normal for that area of cornwall.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at St Austell and heard about this place and we were not disappointed. We thought it might be busy so dropped in to book a table but sadly the restaurant was fully booked, however we were offered a table in the lounge bar with full service and same menu and it was really good. The staff are very very good, they are well dressed and so polite without being stuffy and we never heard the words 'enjoy', such a relief. The range of food on offer for meat eaters and vegetarians was very good and we both enjoyed the main course and desserts which were not over priced and very well presented - it was so good to eat in a place where people cared. Suggest you book a table before you go but if they can squeeze you in they will. We went twice in three days and would certainly go again and recommend it to all.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on a Tuesday night to find the bar area pretty full. We got asked if we were happy to eat in the restaurant which we were.

The food was fine. Can't really argue with the quality of the price. The decor just let the restaurant down - especially as the rest of the pub looks quite plush

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I visited this restaurant twice whilst on holiday as I was so impressed with the quality of food and service.

On the first night , I ate in the waves restaurant and was served by a very friendly waitresses who attended to our every need. I asked for her recommendations and she suggested the duck of the specials menu - it was outstanding!

As it was our first night in Cornwall, I asked the waitress to recommend some other restaurants to try. She was more than happy to help. She also recommended places to visit and how to get to them.

We returned again the following night and we were pleased to be served by the same waitresses again. We didn't book but they found us a table in waves very quickly. We had another faultless meal.

I was surprised to learn that there is actually five rooms upstairs available for b & b - very impressive!

In general this is a lovely place to eat and would highly recommend. The staff are a credit - especially the young lady who served us- for someone so young, she certainly knows her stuff - not a surprise given her future career plans!

I was surprised however, by the uniform - quite dated and looked uncomfortable especially in the heat. Shirt, trousers/ skirt/ waste coat and tie! I was confused when seeing a lady in jeans when everyone else was in trousers - perhaps hers got dirty!

Otherwise a faultless experience to which I will definitely return next year.

1  Thank Luke W