“Long weekend Family get away”

The Britannia Inn & Waves Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Par
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Read previous reviews on here and on Expedia and it did NOT dissappoint. Fantastic hotel, gorgeous modern family room spleeps 4 very comfortably, a bed each for the children and good comfy beds,large bathroom large white fluffy towels. Food amazing breakfast freshly cooked to order and NOT pre-cooked and kept warm in those awful self service things. Dinner outsatnding though prebook as they get very busy. Bar has good selection of real ales, beers, wine. & sprits, no wonder it's got the AA **** rating. Staff very helpful and very accomodating for example we did not have a reservation for an evening meal and dispite being full they put themselves out and accommodated us,nothing was too much trouble. Massive outside sitting area and play area for children,good size carpark Very central to everywhere Perranpoth beach 40mins away Eden project 5mins away, Falmouth 50 mins away. Definetly go back but, for longer next time. perfect for weekend get aways great value for money for this time of year.

1  Thank John B

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had difficulty getting a table, although we were resident in the adjoining Britannia Inn. We had prebooked the Inn. When I insisted we were given a nice table as far as possible from the noisy groups. We had a very good dinner.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our first night in St Austell. This place was recommended to us as a family friendly place to eat, so we thought we'd give it a try. We were shown to a nice dining area, adjacent to the main bar. The service was good and the menu varied and reasonably priced. The food was ok, but my dish of chicken penne pasta was odd to say the least. It was a bowl of pasta in a sauce with an overgrilled piece of chicken on the top, not at all how it was described on the menu, and had I not been so hungry, I wouldn't have eaten it. However, the rest of my family enjoyed their meals, and they did look nice. What really spoilt the evening was a very rowdy party of lads, who had obviously had too much too drink, and were shouting loudly and brawling in the bar area, and spilling over into the dining area. Why were they not asked to quieten down or indeed leave? There were much younger children than my own eating there that evening, and my kids were scared. Couldn't wait to get out of there, and won't be returning. Would not recommend to anyone else.

1  Thank harlyc
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Returned home yesterday after visiting family in Cornwall for the weekend for a surprise birthday (90th!!!!). During our stay we all visited the Britannia Inn for Sunday lunch together, we all had the carvery and wow was it delicious, every one of our party thoroughly enjoyed it. There was plenty of veg to choose from and all cooked perfectly, the roasties were lovely so i went a bit overboard on them! The atmosphere was really enjoyable and the staff were very attentive.

Will look forward to visiting again in the future.

1  Thank Megan K
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Just myself and the wife stopped here for lunch on a busy Saturday lunchtime. Was most impressed. The bar staff were very curteous and helpfull. Yes you have to order your food at the bar but that was no issue.
Again the young waitress that served our food was very polite. I had the small fish and chips which was just the right size for me, I think the large would have beat me. The wife had the prawn baggette and said it was lovely.
Outside it has a large garden with plently of seating and climbing frames for kids. It even has a Ice cream counter for the kids.
All in all well impressed.