All reviews an ideal spot the pub could not have been more helpful eden project matt landlord disco
Reviewed June 9, 2018

Asked the Landlord if I could book my Husbands 50th birthday in his pub and he could not have been more helpful. Matt let me decorate the pub with posters and balloons, he arranged a disco the same night and laid on a brilliant BBQ. All the men had a great time.
Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank HEIDICOT
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Went to go watch the football with some friends one of which was their birthday but ruined by the very rude landlord because I wasn’t drinking as I was driving. Would have had a soft drink but they way he spoke to me and how rude he was and how he insisted I bought a drink or leave as he was paying for the bt sports didn’t make me want to spend my money where I’m not wanted. Not even been there 10 minuets! Been there before for a different game that I had drinks all night but again wasn’t a good visit, bar staff weren’t very pleasant or polite and I mainly point out the landlord! so I won’t be going there again or recommending it to anyone.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Oscar R
Reviewed January 29, 2018

We went for a carvery on Sunday 21st January, outstanding meal, fabulous roast beef with a variety of vegetables, all cooked to perfection.

Lovely pub with friendly atmosphere, a lot of joviality with the locals and the staff were exceptional. We sat at a very quaint 'bench', the walls were covered in a variety of local history items.

Well worth going out in the tipping rain to visit this pub again.

Room tip: I didn't stay here.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Diane H
Reviewed September 1, 2017

This Pub is situated in an ideal spot close to many places of interest and easy to get to the Eden Project or Gardens of Helligan.

The rooms were very spacious and well equipped with tea and coffee. Breakfast was delightful each day with plenty to choose from.

Evening Meals were of a high standard and plenty of choice.

Across the road is the railway station, enabling you to travel to Newquay.

Room tip: We were on the first floor, but all rooms are away from the bar so not noise in the evening
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed August 1, 2017

My cousin and her husband took me here for a fantastic carvery last Thursday 27th July, it was a fantastic meal and the service was great. Lovely little beer garden and play area out the back for the children.
Thoroughly recommend this little pub if you are in the area.

Date of stay: July 2017