“Large Airy Room”

Ranked #1 of 16 Par B&B and Inns
Whanganui, New Zealand
“Large Airy Room”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were greeted by Jacqui. She made us coffee served with home made cake on arrival in the conservatory. Large airy room over looking the garden, well furnished, 2 tub chairs, tea, coffee making facilities, bottled water & biscuits. Large hand soap, shampoo etc in the bathroom to use.
Extras like cotton buds, cotton wool balls, hairspray & hand cream available to use in the bedroom too. Comfortable bed but we were too hot. Good breakfast cooked to our request. Cereal available but we didn't have it. Thanks so much Jacqui, high recommended possibly the largest room we had at a B&B while touring the UK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to attend a wedding at the Eden Project. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome with a cup of tea and a piece of yummy lemon cake. We relaxed instantly. The room had everything we needed and the bed was so comfy. The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast and then walked (a much needed walk after a wedding and very doable!) back to the Eden Project to collect our car. I wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks Jacqui and George I would recommend you to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and have no hesitation in recommending this lovely B&B.

I think it's less than 2 miles to the Eden Project which is very convenient but also Jacqui and George dog-sat our Westie (on her first holiday), so we didn't have to juggle our pet around Eden. That was such a great help to us (and the dog who enjoyed a walk instead of the back of our car).

Ragstones is more like staying with friends in their home, rather than a B&B, as there are only 2 rooms (large and comfortable), you are made so welcome (tea and cake on arrival), breakfast (10/10 Yum!) is taken in the kitchen and little extras provided (biscuits, bottled water, hot drink sachets). Our Westie was fascinated to see chickens for the first time.

Jacqui recommended great dog-friendly places to eat, the huge dog-friendly beach at Par is just 10 mins drive and beautiful Fowey just 15 mins.

One small point - finding Ragstones is not so easy! I recommend the A390 to St Blazey, turn south to Kilhallon immediately East of the level crossing and Ragstones is 3rd on the rght. Locals don't all know where Kilhallon is and your sat nav might take you a more difficult route!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian H
Ragstones, Owner at Ragstones B&B, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks for the review Brian, its a valid point that satnavs will have you going what might appear the long way around especially if you are coming from the beach. If however you are coming here straight from the A30 and through Bodmin then we are much easier to find. Maybe I should have a sign made for the other side of the house instead of the garage. By the way there is a google map on the website
suffolk, uk
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Ragstones is the perfect place to stay. The rooms are lovely, beds are very comfy and the breakfasts are wonderful, (Jacqui special is recommended!!). We were made to feel very welcome with a home from home feeling. The chocolate cake on arrival made the beginning of our holiday perfect! Jacqui knew where the best places to eat out and good suggestions for days out. Jacqui and George are wonderful hosts and nothing is to much. I truly recommend Ragstones to anyone and dogs are very welcome too!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank a_ryan226
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I needed somewhere to stay when visiting friends in the area and I'm so glad I chose this lovely B&B. I was a bit nervous about staying somewhere with my 5 month old puppy but Jacquie made us both very welcome. The room was lovely, the welcome with cake & coffee was a real treat after a long drive, and the breakfasts were delicious with a lot of variety. I will definitely recommend Ragstones to my friends & family and hope to return with Puffin some time!

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lovely large rooms, plenty of room for my husband and I and our two year old (in a travel cot). Jacqui and George were great hosts and made us feel very welcome, Jacqui let us sit in her conservatory and enjoy fish and chips one evening while our little one slept upstairs had even thought to save bread so that Martha could feed the chickens each day. The home made cake on arrival and breakfasts were delicious and there was enough to feed a small army. Perfect for a day on the local beach or pottering in lovely Fowey and Charlestown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah M
Sandgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Beautiful setting, home, hosts & food. I was in Cornwall for a wedding with my friends & their 2 year old. Nothing was too much trouble for Jacqui who took our comings & goings in her stride & made us feel truly welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ragstones, Owner at Ragstones B&B, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are you glad you felt at home with us Sarah.It was interesting to hear about your travels. We are sorry you felt that we were a bit expensive but you did have a king size room to yourself and I would think that after Australia we would seem like a lot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Par
The Carlyon Bay
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate
The Fowey Hotel
The Fowey Hotel
#3 of 3 in Fowey

Been to Ragstones B&B? Share your experiences!