“A drive from London just for Sams!”
Review of Sam's On The Beach

Sam's On The Beach
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Par
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 25 years of Sams in Fowey has now enabled us to bring all our experience, fun, ambience, staff and fantastic locally sourced produce to create something truly unique in the old Fowey Lifeboat House here on the waters edge overlooking the bay.3 Ingredients that a successful restaurant needs are "Good Staff, Good Food, Good Ambience" and Sams on the Beach has all 3 in abundance!Enjoy!And the views not that bad too!Sam Sixton
Reviewed June 24, 2014

A return visit to find Sams just as buzzing as before and so pleased I booked as you won't find it easy to get a table this place it is alive, popular, staff are energetic and fun and the food is exceptionable!

I booked a window table to watch the Sunset and it was incredible - see pictures.

I shall see you all again :-) !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Booked a table for a busy Saturday night in June. Had to wait for 20 minutes after our booking time as there were people on our table, but had a drink in the pub next door and didn't matter at all. Requested a table by the window and they duly obliged, so fantastic views of the sunset. Very noisy, but part of the charm? although there were a lot of young excited children when we arrived, luckily they disappeared toward the end of the evening. This is obviously no fault of the restaurant. The food we had was extremely good. My husband and I had the Classic Mussels, which we can say had to be some of the best we've ever tasted. Can thoroughly recommend it, but not sure the hard of hearing could engage in much conversation!! We'll definitely pay another visit if we come to the area again.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had a late lunch here on a very sunny day. Great setting, good service and food was excellent. I thought my sardines were outstanding but regretted not ordering the seafood platter when I saw it. Will be going back soon to sample more of the menu

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We live locally and go when ever we have freinds stay with us or for a celebration, it's always top of our list.
I have to say last time I went in January I did notice that things seemed slightly different not as quality as usual, just below par somehow and then last Sunday we took some friends and I was really disappointed.
The table's and water glasses didn't feel clean and the staff don't seem quite as friendly any more.
The food was just ok, which is so sad as I have always loved it here, it's always been my favourite place.
The pizza my son had was very thin in the toppings department , this has happened to us twice now.
The scallops weren't great quality and over cooked.
The duck with cherries was very overdone and the sauce was put on with a teaspoon it seemed, it used to be flavoursome and rich, not on this occasion, 3 of us had it and they were all the same.
There's a lack of good seafood on the menu these days too.
I feel it has become pricey here but they are cutting corners and forgetting quality. I'm quite sad about it too

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Having done my "tripadvisor" homework i had this restaurant earmarked for lunch if we had a sunny day...and one arose!
If it hadn't been for tripadvisor i wouldn't have heard of Portkerris but it is a lovely little beach and harbour and staying close to St Austell it was nice not to drive miles in traffic jams.
I love scallops and we both started with them, but coming with foccacia bread, they were quite filling as well as tasty.
This was followed as the seafood pasta; be warned, this is massive, lots of plump mussels,clams,prawns and mediteranean vegetables.Enough on it's own.
Beach,sun,scallops,seafood..oh, and some nice cornish cider, sorted! waddled back up the hill to the carpark.

1  Thank julie w