“Great beach restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sam's On The Beach

Sam's On The Beach
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Par
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, European, British
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 25 years of Sams in Fowey has now enabled us to bring all our experience, fun, ambience, staff and fantastic locally sourced produce to create something truly unique in the old Fowey Lifeboat House here on the waters edge overlooking the bay.3 Ingredients that a successful restaurant needs are "Good Staff, Good Food, Good Ambience" and Sams on the Beach has all 3 in abundance!Enjoy!And the views not that bad too!Sam Sixton
Cornwall
“Great beach restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Sam's on the beach does exactly what it says on the tin. This is an old converted life boat house and has kept the feel of the original building. The location means you have a fabulous sea view across the Fowey estuary and it is overlooking a lovely small beach.
The menu is a little quirky with an interesting choice of pizzas but there are also delicious traditional options to suit other tastes. My only complaint would be that the fish section was lacking in a decent white fish dish.
That said the three courses we chose were all superb. The steak was wonderful and the belly pork amazing. I strongly recommend you try the Chocolate Brownie it will blow you away!
The cost was very reasonable considering the very high quality of the food; £65 for the two of us for 3 courses and drinks.
I particularly like the online table reservation system which made booking very easy.

• Visited May 2014

“Views, food, atmosphere ~ this place has it all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Sam's on the Beach is exactly what it says in its title. It is a restaurant on the beach. You are able to leave the restaurant and have a stroll along the water's edge, which is very pleasant.

Service is very prompt and staff are very interactive, friendly and smart. Our drinks were at our table very quickly as was our food. The menu has wide variety of food, and the fish dishes were exceptional. We ordered one seafood platter (meant for 2) but my Dad managed all of it. Myself and my Mother had a steak and prawns which were also delicious. The pizzas are amazing too!

Would recommend this to anyone. Look forward to coming back

Truro, United Kingdom
“Disappointing steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Second visit to Sams. First visit 5 star. This visit we ordered 3 ribeye steaks, we did not receive ribeye steaks. When I mentioned it to the waitress she insisted that they only serve ribeye. IT WAS NOT RIBEYE

• Visited April 2014
Cardiff, S.Wales.UK
“Best meal I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch all nine of us! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We all tried different dishes. I had the goats cheese and it was scrummy. My husband had paella and my brother and sister in law had mussels. We all loved our meals. We all had desserts and coffee. The chocolate brownie was super! I can't wait to go back!

london
“Good (not excellent) but costly.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Sam's on the Beach is pleasant - no doubt about that but the prices do not represent good value. We live in London and are used to paying over the odds when eating out. I expected food in Cornwall to be better value especially when it should be locally sourced. I guess that most people here would be tourists (like me) and because they are on holiday and the beachside location is so cool don't really mind that everything on the menu should be a fiver off. Food is pretty good but not amazing - I had a serviceable crab salad for £15. the kids had an average cheese and tomato pizza for £10.

Visited April 2014