“Lunch in the lifeboat station”
Review of Sam's On The Beach

Sam's On The Beach
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Par
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 25 years of Sams in Fowey has now enabled us to bring all our experience, fun, ambience, staff and fantastic locally sourced produce to create something truly unique in the old Fowey Lifeboat House here on the waters edge overlooking the bay.3 Ingredients that a successful restaurant needs are "Good Staff, Good Food, Good Ambience" and Sams on the Beach has all 3 in abundance!Enjoy!And the views not that bad too!Sam Sixton
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great seafood, friendly and efficient service. You must Book a table early as it is very popular and becomes very busy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have been going to this place since it opened and have had some really special days and nights there. Our place is a few miles away so we always book a Spot on Taxi to take us there and pick us up, having booked a table first! The team there are great, always make you welcome and the food is simply awesome.. The view as Sam says ain't bad either....the ideal night...arrive a bit early, pop in to Sams to tell them that your next door at the pub and then they'll come over and let you know when your table is ready...have a good feed washed down with a carafe of wine..and some Led Zeppelin if you ask..then have a late night walk on the beach and into the pub again for the last pint before your spotty taxi arrives to take you home....what could be better!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I sort of don't want to write this review as I'd love to be sure of a table each time I visited and I can imagine it fills up fast. Beautiful spot, right on the beach. Car park 200 yards away. Located on a tiny hamlet with less than a dozen buildings at the end of a lane, its the perfect spot. Seafood makes up a large portion of the menu along with pizzas. Took grandparents in their 80's, my parents and I and all found dishes we loved.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I dined here with my wife and was thoroughly impressed with all of the food. The scallops with black pudding is the best scallop starter I have ever had and the Thai mussels are something out of this world.

Great friendly service and reasonable prices for the quality.

To top it off the great beach side location and relaxed atmosphere add to the experience.

Would highly recommend.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great view looking out onto polkerris beach , very tastefully decorated in the beach theme , great wine , good food , although my lobster was over cooked and a little chewy!! Heard lots of good reviews from friends ,so will give it one more try !