“Oh my goodness...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullion
Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Plus points... Was cheap. Staff friendly. That's it!

The caravan was horrid, it stunk of damp and mould. My 5 year old was telling us how much it stank on an hourly basis! The hot water was practically non-existent. Having a 4 month old with us and not having hot water to wash bottles with was quite annoying.

There was blood on the bedroom curtains, mould on the matresses, make-up on the bathroom curtains, crumbs all over the place, mouldy carpets, broken cabinet in the double room with a screw hanging out.

The kettle had to be held to be boiled! Every time we used water (toilet, sink, shower) the drains gave off a disgusting smell. The plates, cups and glasses all had to be washed before use.

I could go on and on... The facilities there weren't too bad, the swimming pool was clean, the life guards were nice, the staff in the restaurant were lovely, the arcade was so-so. We didn't see any entertainment whilst there so can't comment on that. The soft play however was dirty, bits broken, food all over the floor and as it is not staffed people are doing whatever they like.

The local area is very nice, beautiful sea, friendly people, nice shops, Sainsburys is only up the road in helston, petrol was cheap there.

I would recommend the chip shop in the lizard, it is the most southern one in the UK, lovely chips, lovely people. They serve local fish too!!

All in all the holiday park was a disaster! Definitely one to avoid. I have taken pics and will complain asap!!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank mummyamanda07
There are newer reviews for Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at Mullion 21st - 24th Sept in a Gillian (2012 model) caravan (A53) which was located very close to the main amenities. Check in was painless and reception staff were very welcoming. My wife & I prefer to pay extra for top range accommodation because quite frankly, we like decent home comforts.
We were not disappointed as the caravan was spotless with excellent central heating / double glazing & a huge flat screen TV. The kitchen was tops, with utensils all good quality. Credit to Maralyn who prepared the van for our arrival. It would be nice, having paid top price, that beds could be made up for you on arrival.
We mainly use the park as a base and spend little time using the Park facilities, however, we did have a few meals in the Kynance Restaurant which I have to say were very good. The waitresses were so pleasant and couldn't do enough for us - prices were reasonable and compareable to other mainstream pub outlets - we dined one evening in a pub in Mullion & it was a disaster !
The shop was well stocked with all the things you need daily & more- yes, a bit pricey but hey, this is a remote area-we city dwellers are used to all the big supermarkets on our doorsteps ! Whilst we stayed in our caravan most evenings, we did go to the main clubhouse on the Sunday night and were entertained by the Troopers who performed an 'Urban Edge' set - absolutely brilliant ! I sometimes think its easy to write bad reviews but not write good ones, I believe some people are born to whinge about anything instead of looking at the bigger picture, yes, the place needs a makeover and perhaps some of music/ entertainment is dated but overall, I would consider returning to Mullion in the future.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for all those home comforts
1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the park on 14th-17th September with my partner and 1 year old son. The park itself is lovely, swimming pool, shop, restaurant and entertainment all in one place.

We attended the park via The Sun Holidays. We arrived early so could not book in when we got there. This was fine, the booking in was stated 4pm anyway. So we had a look round then went to view the local beaches and area, the local area is beautifull and scenic and the area itself is very reccomended.

When we refurned to book in the lady was very friendly and helpful. We were allocated a 3 bedroom caravan at the front of the park near the Main facilities and entertainment which was nice and actually not too loud as I thought it would be. The caravan itself was a nice size and although obviously quite old everything was nicely presented. However upon inspection the cleanliness was not up to standard. The bathroom sinks were not clean and there was a smell in the living room we could not pinpoint until I discovered a dirty nappy in the corner. Although slightly hidden not in a place that was unreachable to be cleaned and checked.

I would say the staff in the bar&grill and child entertainment although friendly, seemed slightly unfoccused and as if they preffered not to be there. There was also lack of amount of serving staff at the bar/takeaway and restaurant. 1 person seeming to be available on each although the park was packed. No wonder staff hace no motivation if they are made to work the job of 3 people alone. Food waiting times were awful due to the low staffing.

I would not reccomend this particular park again but would try another parkdean venue. As I have heard ithers are much nicer. The surrounding area though I would fully reccomend if you could find other accomadation

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank haych86
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After reading several reviews before we went away, I was not looking forward to our accommodation, how wrong I was, we were allocated a 'bungalow' on arrival, it had double glazing a fairly new fitted kitchen, heaters in all rooms & a flat screen TV in the lounge. All the rooms had been cleaned well, I definatly had no complaints especially with the gale force winds and pouring rain we had from late Saturday night until lunchtime Sunday, once the door was shut we couldn't hear the storm outside. We took our quilts with us and I am glad we did, this being my only moan, the 2 single quilts were very thin and looked like they had seen better days.
We tried the club on the Saturday night and my 5year old was most insistant we went again on the Sunday night, the not a none brand of vodka & diet coke was £1.90 so I had no complaints about going back the second night.
We found all the staff very friendly & the whole weekend well worth it, we shall be going back next year with the grandparents & my sister in tow.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here on a bargain break in in one on the chalets. The unit had been modernised to a good standard and was bigger than the average caravan. No noise. Beds were so, so. For £20 a night it was excellent. The site is well located for exploring the Lizard and Penwith. This is a very interesting and unspoilt area that should be visited. No complaints. The site is easy to find and sits beside the man Lizard road. There is a very large Tesco and smaller Sainsbury's as you come into Helston from the west, so need need to carry provisions on your journey.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

just arrived back from an enjoyable week in beautiful mullion, the park itself is very clean, we found the staff very friendly especially the supervisor in the restaurant and jonny the entertainer (very funny), we ate in there every night the food was spot on, normally holiday park food is atrocious, but this parks restaurant must be good as outsiders eat there also,. the entertainment was very dated, the troopers do try their best but i,m afraid other parks are much better, childrens clubs could have more dances, our caravan was beautiful, we stayed in a 2012 model, spotless, so well done the housekeepers, hopefully we left the caravan as we found it, not like some people who leave their holiday homes filthy then complain about the cleanliness, i workd on a holiday park for many years and i dont think people no how hard work and long hours it is, especially the entertainment staff, well done parkdean, i throughly enjoyed our holiday and will def be staying at another parkdene. OH an parkdene spend some money on your showbar, badly needs a good decor refit

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank angela a
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Nice 3 bedroom caravan on the outskirts of the park so nice and quiet. The carpet was a bit dirty so could probably have done with a clean, but apart from this it was nice, very spacious and had everything we needed.

Amusements arcade was very small, but club area large. We didnt eat in the restaurant as we like to go out for food, but on looking we found its quite pricey, though thats to be expected at a holiday park I guess.

Had a nice week there, and would return as its a good base to get out and about in Cornwall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Mullion Cove Hotel
Mullion Cove Lodge Park
St. Ives Holiday Village
St. Ives Holiday Village
#22 of 30 in St Ives

Been to Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park? Share your experiences!