“Nice place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullion
Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Nice 3 bedroom caravan on the outskirts of the park so nice and quiet. The carpet was a bit dirty so could probably have done with a clean, but apart from this it was nice, very spacious and had everything we needed.

Amusements arcade was very small, but club area large. We didnt eat in the restaurant as we like to go out for food, but on looking we found its quite pricey, though thats to be expected at a holiday park I guess.

Had a nice week there, and would return as its a good base to get out and about in Cornwall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is by far the best holiday park my partner and I have been to, the park itself is nice and clean, in a quiet location and is central to a number of locations that we visited. The longest drive to an attraction we visited was 30 minutes.

Also the seal sanctuary really is a great day out, probably the highlight of our holiday, but don't book before you go like we did because the holiday park staff can book for you at much cheaper prices, however it was still well worth the money. Especially if you go just as they start the feeding, really is amazing to watch.

The accommodation was clean tidy, and actually quite modern which we where not expecting (as we chose the cheapest caravan). Within 10 minutes of being there a member of staff came round to check we were happy with our accommodation. We did have a slight problem with a caravan fixture during our stay which we reported and the problem was dealt with in a space of 5 minutes, couldn't asked for more attentive and helpful staff!

The only slightly negative point, (other than the weather but what can you do), and something i think others have also commented on was the indoor pool, which could be a bit deeper, 1.2m isn't really deep enough to have a good swim.

Overall, great holiday lots of things to see and do and all at reasonable prices, especially if you book things within the park. We will certainly be re-booking for 2013.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lewis H
Reviewed September 9, 2012

our caravan was so small, dirty, grill kept going wrong,shower leaked and was blocked! mouldy curtains, creaky bed and far too small for 2 people more like a single not a double! we found the staff so rude, especially the bar staff, they had cheap versions of wkd, which was called vs and was well over £3 a bottle, so much more money then the proper brand! my husband asked for a glass for my appletizer and the girl slung a pint glass at him! for a tiny bottle of apple juice!! he demanded she give him the correct glass size! when we had a meal at the kynace restaurant one girl gave my 6ft husband a smaller portion then my daughter! i had to give him some of my food! when she asked us if we would like anything else my husband said can i have seconds? (as it was a carvery!) she said no u can have a sweet! then the same girl was tryin to short change me by takin out a tip for herself! i did not want to give a tip at all as she was so tight on the food there was loads there and was nearly 8pm and no one else was booked in! i demanded my full change as no one should help thereself to to your change! we hated the entertainment it was same crap every night, the songs were all 90's tunes not one new hit was played! we heard saturday night tune on a week day! and pj and duncan music, and got fed up with the troopers singing every night they were out of tune! the mannors of the staff were rude never said thank you or made u feel welcome! the arcades were dated machines! we struggled to find fun things to do! the swimming pool kept closing, they cleaned it during the day instead of night, and one boy had a nose bleed in the indoor pool in the morning, they closed it all day to clean it out, so people could only use the outdoor one, they closed it at 5pm, even though if the indoor pool was open it should be open till 6pm, so i hope they didnt get paid for this hour as no one could use the indoor pool! so they should of kept outdoor one open till 6pm! there was plenty of people using it and they just said get out!! we will never go to this park again i have been to the cherrywood one near yarmouth and was fab there! and was quite shocked to see how bad this parkdean site was! dont go as u will have a miserable holiday!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hugginzini16
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Myself, my husband and my 16 month old have just returned from our holiday to Park Dean Mullion. We stayed in a chalet and it was BASIC! The cheapest furniture, appliances, crockery, cutlery, bedding etc. has been used to kit this place out. It definitely had the smell of dampness on arrival and on further inspection the shower was smelly, the floor was dirty, the fridge had no light and ponged, and I had to wash the crockery and cutlery before letting my family use it.

The highchair which we paid £10 to hire for the week was cheap, wobbly, and my sons legs got caught in it every time we tried to get him out of it, since the tray was not removable. I very much doubt the thing even cost £10 to buy new! Not surprising then that he never wanted to get into it for fear of getting trapped.

The ultra sensitive fire alarm went off every time we boiled the kettle or cooked a piece of toast and so did everyone else's... Whether we decided to get up early or not, was determined by whatever time our neighbours wanted breakfast!

There were slugs living in our bedroom and the mattresses in the whole property were in very bad condition... All in all, the place was a disgrace!

The pools were a plus point, they were clean and well manned by a team of lifeguards.

The food at the park was reasonably priced and of ok quality.

The area surrounding the park is amazing! The beach at poldu cove is gorgeous and the little village of cadgwith is worth a visit, as is the witch ball in lizard, all serve locally caught, beautiful fresh fish and seafood.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jodie J
Reviewed September 7, 2012

It was the first time we had stayed with park dean and before going I had read some bad reviews so was a little bit concerned but we had a really enjoyable stay!

Reception staff were lovely and I was greeted with a huge smile and a warm and friendly welcome.
The caravan was spotlessly clean and housekeeping dropped round on the first day to ensure All was ok with our accommodation.
There was a tesco and sainsburys about 5 miles from the park to which we stocked up from a few times during the week but the shop on site was more than sufficient for the basics we needed in between.
I had read some bad reviews about the indoor pool but I really could t fault it. We spent time nearly everyday in the pool and It was never too overcrowded. The showers were clean and the lifeguards often gave out floats for the kids to play on. The water was the warmest I have ever felt in a swimming pool and was like getting into a bath!
The only thing I would mark the park down on was the entertainment. The people running the kids club didn't really want to be there and the activities dragged on for quite a Long time. Evening entertainment didn't get much better and there were some cringeworthy moments when the wrong song was played for the cabaret and the guy forgot his words.
However entertainment aside it was a lovely little park in a good location with plenty to keep the kids occupied. I'm not sure I would return but that is only due to the 9 hours it took us to get home to Cambridgeshire!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Accommodation was dirty upon arrival, although there was a signed and checked sheet saying it had been cleaned and inspected.
Mould on the mattress, dirt on the kitchen floor, something lurking in the microwave, crayon on the walls.
I wouldnt recommend the park
BUT
I would recommend the area, this was the only thing that made our holiday!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank forestfairy7
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have never stayed at a worse caravan site. Booked chalet - filthy , fridge didnt work cooker filthy ,mattress filthy.

Management admitted fault refunded £200 of my money.

If we hadn't travelled so far from Essex would have turned round and gone home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KIERAN O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Mullion Cove Hotel
St. Ives Holiday Village
The Old Inn
The Old Inn
#1 of 11 in Mullion

Been to Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park? Share your experiences!