“Parkdean Holiday Park - Mullion”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullion
Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Accommodation was dirty upon arrival, although there was a signed and checked sheet saying it had been cleaned and inspected.
Mould on the mattress, dirt on the kitchen floor, something lurking in the microwave, crayon on the walls.
I wouldnt recommend the park
BUT
I would recommend the area, this was the only thing that made our holiday!

2  Thank forestfairy7

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have never stayed at a worse caravan site. Booked chalet - filthy , fridge didnt work cooker filthy ,mattress filthy.

Management admitted fault refunded £200 of my money.

If we hadn't travelled so far from Essex would have turned round and gone home.

4  Thank KIERAN O
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I have been using Parkdean for many years whislt on holiday in Cornwall. I like many had read and re-read the reviews on here and went with an open mind. We booked a new 2012 caravan (2 bed Gillan) and satyed for one week. From my opinion this is not the best Parkdean site we have stayed on, and I would say thats in terms of both location and quality. We arrived at around lunchtime and our accomodation wasnt ready (we weren't expecting it to be) so we thought we would have some lunch in the bar. This was the first and only time we ate there. The food wasn't great, over cooked, dry and seemily left to stand springs to mind. It certainly wasnt fresh. We and the kids noticed probably the largest amusement arcade that I have seen at a Parkdean site next to both the bar area and the entertainment room, which meant the kids were already itching to spend their money. Many of the arcade games operate a ticket system reward. So the more go's you have the more tickets you can save towards a prize. This is the first time my children had spent their hoilday money on what I would call tat!! so eventually I was subsidising them after a couple of days.
I think this park is one of Parkdeans biggest, so always noisy and busy!! Our caravan backed on to the main road so was extremely noisy from very early in the morning, not so good if you are a light sleeper lilke me.
Back to the caravan. The caravan was clean, had DG and CH but was already showing signs of tiredness. We have 2 children so thought the two bed would be OK for our needs. Its small. Go for a three bed if possible. Parkdean also need to look at putting pathways to the doors of the caravans as due to the great British wetaher it was constantly boggy (a row of slabs would have solved this) and as you are parking your car on the grass this got really churned up.
Due to the kids wanting to be in the arcade we chose to get out and about most days and evenings. Some great little coves to explore and places to eat. I would recommend Praa Sands beach for body boarding and mullion cove for exploring. In Mullion village there are a couple of pubs that serve good food along with a great chippy selling fresh fish and chips. All in all this would never put me off Cornwall. I suppose the question would be would I come to this site again? The answer is No! Would I use one of the nearby Parkdean sites like sea acres? Yes

Room Tip: Go for a 2012 or newer three bed caravan!!
1  Thank Crispy1973
Reviewed August 28, 2012

we have been having family holidays in cornwall for 10 years and for the last 7 years in mullion holiday park. It is a fantastic base, with lots of entertainment. We stay in a chalet (this year upgraded!) only fault that I have found are the cheap matteresses on the beds.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank 5welshfolk
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Well what can I say about our caravan (Penzance b17 /b18 .We arrived and was given our key first thing I noticed was the smell and also the kitchen floor hadn't been cleaned I then went to the bedrooms and the big bedroom had mould on the walls as 2 members of our party had asthama and one of my children had underlying medical needs this caravan wasn't for us so I had to leave my children while we went back to reception they said a cleaner would come over ,the cleaner arrived and confirmed the caravan had mould and would need chemicals to remove it but we wouldn't be able to go in it for 3 hrs so to my disgust I was amazed another family was put in it 20mins later anyway we moved to the one next door and OHH my god here is what I found Fungi on kitchen taps,Rust ,Dog chewed table,Only one set of batteries between 2 controlers,Microwave full of rust work metal showing ,Dog Biscuits,Mold,Beans over kettle ,Poor drainage in shower over flowed ,Rust over all the blinds ,Damp ,Light socket hanging out the list just goes on and on .One thing I would say is the park is fab if you want to tour the local area.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank scottish annr
Reviewed August 23, 2012

stayed here in July 2012.
caravan s62
we didnt book through Parkdean, we used Directholidayhomes.co.uk, cheaper & so much easier than going through parkdean.
Our van was a private, & what a difference that makes, spotless as the owner cleans it personally, the beds were made up to our request before our arrival,we requested 2 doubles & the twins were made into a double & even had a memory foam matress topper on it!
we were met at reception by the owner & shown the way to the van & gave us some helpful hints about their caravan.
level walk to all the facilities & dog walking field & they had outside decking & chipping hardstanding, so no walking in wet mud or grass.
The van was spacious, 3 bedrooms a bathroom & seperate WC, which meant no queing for the loo.....
the kitchen had everything you needed ( and more).

we didnt take any children but if we had they would of been well entertained & catered for, we saw what looked like a brand new high chair, buggy, babywalker & some other bits in the cupboards which we didnt know the purpose, think it was a new style sterilizer, there was even a toy box with Stickle bricks & duplo.... ( the adults had fun with that) lol....
this Van was perfect.......... would I rent this van again...... I certainly would!
forgot to say the bottle of wine & mini chocolates are a fab touch. thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kernow68
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We've stayed at lots of different holiday parks around the UK so knew kind of what to expect. The caravan itself was clean enough - but very tired looking - good do with a steam clean. The facilities though were awful. Absolutely awful. The indoor soft play was filthy and disgusting. the swimming pool is tiny and has no real proper changing facilities. The adventure pirate ship for toddlers is basically a small plastic ship in the middle of the tiny pool which spurts out a dribble of water. Not much fun to be had there! All the 'facilities' were crammed together at the front of the park and you could practically touch one and the other at the same time - seriously. The bar was ok, can't comment on the evening entertainment as we didn't go, but we did look in the bar there and it was very small. The caravans are all stacked toghether and you get no sense of space anywhere on the site - it felt incredibly claustrophobic.
The staff however were fantastic and sorted out our accomodation issue brilliantly.
Kynance Cove nearby was stunning and would def recommend, but i would never ever ever stay at this site again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Mullion Cove Hotel
Mullion Cove Hotel
#1 of 2 in Mullion
Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Perran View Holiday Park
Tolroy Manor Holiday Park
Mullion Cove Coastal Retreat
St. Ives Holiday Village

Been to Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park? Share your experiences!