Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park
$164
$135
$117
$160
Premier Inn Helston Hotel(Helston)(Great Value!)
$69
$153
Hotels.com
$100
Priceline
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
$263
$212
Priceline
Meudon Hotel(Falmouth)
$184
All reviewssoft playamusement arcadekynance covegreat holidaygreat parkoutdoor poolbouncy castlemobile homest ivespark facilitiesberth caravanfridge freezeron site shopseal sanctuarybar pricescentral heatinglands end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Upon arrival the reception staff were friendly and helpful and when we visited them on other occasions we always found this to be the case. We stayed in a porthallow caravan which was one of the new ones for this year. There was just me, my husband and my nine year old son. We found the caravan too small, for example, there was no shelf in the shower, no cabinet in the bathroom, no bedside cabinet in my son's room etc. little improvements could have made this caravan so much more comfortable. It looked fairly clean and tidy but on closer inspection there was fluff and crumbs up the side of the fridge, stains on the skirting boards and my sons bed had litter underneath it. We stayed at a caravan last year (in Paignton - which was not Parkdean) and this was the same price as the Mullion one but was much better which was why we were disappointed with this one.
The site facilities were not great - eg the swimming pools closed at 6pm along with the indoor play area. On one morning there was rain but the weather picked up in the afternoon however the rain was used as an excuse to close the crazy golf, bikes and inflatable slide all day. The shop was expensive. We didn't go the entertainment much but it appeared to be the standard fodder that most holiday camps offer although I found ti catered mainly for the younger child and did not appeal to my son. Drinks were expensive but we expected that. I'd recommend not eating at the Kynance bar - food wasn't great and was overpriced. I would recommend the chippy in mullion - it was great. There are a few restaurants in Mullion centre but I would advise that if you are planning to eat there, book first as they are usually very busy.
Also - there seemd to be loads of kids milling about on scooters and bikes all the time in the camp which is fair enough but they kept going on to the roads and places they shouldn't and parents were letting their kids play ball games right next to caravans and cars. I think the site security should have been more on the ball - we never even once had our passes checked in the evening when going to the amusements/entertainment etc.
We will not be going back to Mullion holiday camp but the Lizard is a fantastic area with lots of interesting places to go - Kynance cove was our favourite. Go to Flambards theme park, Lizard point, Poldhu beach, Roskillys farm. The Lizard has fantastic scenery and it feels like you are in a different country. You can still have a great holiday and just use Mullion holiday camp as a base. Pick up your shopping in Helston where they have a Sainsburys and a Tescos.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

just got back from mullion, we stayed on the touring park, the toilets and shower blocks clean, the park is lovely, but it is very very expensive, the on site supermarket is a right rip off charging double the price for items what the other bigger supermarkets charge, the club on site is ok i suppose for kids, but the price for drinks is way over the top, you need a bank loan to go to the club for the night and the entertainment was rubbish, my 13 year old neice could have put on better entertainment,do not purchase any bingo tickets as they are very expensive and they do not pay out very good money if you win,considering how many people purchased tickets, the restraunt was ok i suppose but yet again it was expensive,will not be staying there again

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at the park between the 29th July until 5th August. We (2 adults and a 3 year old) arrived at the site 30 minutes early and were given our keys to the caravan and given clear instructions by the friendly receptionist on how to get there. The caravan was immaculate, the lounge had an lcd tv with dvd player an a lovely seating area. The kitchen was all you could ask for including all the utensils you could need - so don't worry if you forget the bottle opener! The bedrooms were a decent size and the bathroom was huge with a good sized shower (which worked perfectly). All areas were extremely clean and tidy.
The park was well laid out and kept very tidy and the staff were all very helpful, especially the warden and her lovely dog Jasper, who my daughter adored.
The facilities for children were very good and kept my daughter occupied for hours, the evening club for children was well thought of and entertaining for the under 10's.
The bar area was clean and prices for drinks were not unreasonable, they even had some good drinks promotions going too. The food at the Kynance Grill was similar to that you'd find at Beefeaters and Harvesters. Again, the prices were again not unreasonable and the food was good - remember that it is not a posh restaurant, just a pub that does food and you won't be disappointed. The only downside, if you can call it that, is that the beginning of adult entertaiment in the evening seemed to start a bit late and included bingo - but that is personal preference only and shouldn't take away anything from a fantastic holiday park. This park has had some negative reviews from people and i don't know why. Am i too easily pleased or realistic or are people expecting far too much and being very harsh? I guess it's for you to decide but the last thing i will say is that we had a fantastic holiday and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Mullion.

4  Thank JKenyon
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have been going to this park for 6 years and we love it, we now are taking teenagers and there is still plenty to do. Bad point very dear, drinks to expensive food is very expensive and at best it rubbish. The takeaway is so expensive I wouldn't recommend sending anybody with a heart condition, very expensive tiny portions of very very cheap produce. Recommend the van that comes to carpark opposite park kernow kebabs all fresh local meat amazing. Great park eat out, buy booze at supermarket.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Chablis1
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at this holiday park the last week in August after being swayed by the images of the accommodation in the more expensive caravans and some positive reviews but none from anybody we knew. On arrival the reception staff were friendly and efficient and we were in our caravan within 10 minutes of parking up. The interior of the caravan didn't appear to resemble the image we had seen on their website and I had to go to reception to ensure we were in the accommodation I had paid for. (£750) I was told that we were in the right caravan and what you actually get may not be the same as what you see on the website.
The carpet in the living room area could have done with a good clean and the blinds at the kitchen and shower windows were broken and twisted, minor things really but very easily rectified. Also my wife was sure that hairs found on the settee were of non-human origin even though it was meant to be dog free.
Everything contained in the caravan was in good working order apart from the toaster which was replaced within 30 minutes of it being reported to reception.
I was really pleased that the fridge and freezer was working well so we could keep a couple of days food in. Tip, Best value, Sainsburys 10 minutes down the road. Avoid the shop for anything other than your daily paper! eg.£1-65 for a loaf of bread.
Drinks in the two venues are over the top price wise which would go some way to explain why many people, us included would sit at their tables with a carrier bag hidden with cans and bottles in.
Food in the Kynance bar is very expensive but unfortunately there is no other cheaper option nearby and I wonder, If I was cynical could this be the reason?
The evening entertainment struggled on most nights which started off with the usual kid's club which always was a hit, shame though to have to pay £8-50 for my daughter to have her picture taken with Sid and Lizzie.
Then there was the usual bingo followed by the adult entertainment but be warned, if the only place you can find to sit is at the back you are not going to see very much. Never mind, console yourself with a £3-50 hot dog from the hot dog stand.
The grounds are clean and well maintained and generally the facilities are fine but the toilets in the public areas are dated and none too fresh.
We had the best of the weather that week so we were out and about most days to the more popular tourist traps and I have to say, in almost every case Parkdean prices for food and drinks exceeded those.
If you are looking for a value holiday, with your accommodation, you might just get it but be very careful where you spend your money when you get there.

2  Thank GerryMiltonKeynes