“Wonderful staff, welcoming atmosphere and good food.”
Review of Mullion Cove Hotel

Mullion Cove Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mullion
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We recently had a week in a cottage in Mullion but although this was a self-catering type holiday we planned to eat out every day. Our cottage was very close to the Polurrian Hotel and we thought we would be going there several times but one visit was enough (see my review)! However, we also had a lunchtime meal at the Mullion Cove hotel and what a difference, we wanted to eat there every day after that! In fact we did manage to tear ourselves away and also have a meal at the Halzephron Inn but it was to Mullion Cove that we kept returning.

The location is beautiful, the food was fantastic and sensibly priced, the house wine was really good and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. We did not try the restaurant but chose from the excellent bistro menu and, because the weather was fabulous ate outside on the terrace twice, and once, in the evening, in the recently refurbished bar/bistro.

Whilst there we asked to see some of the bedrooms for future reference and those that we saw were very nice; we now have Mullion Cove firmly on our list of ‘must stay at’ hotels!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bethi

Reviewed July 19, 2013

just returned form mullion cove hotel , with two children and the dogs , food was amazing staff very friendly and attentive , standard room was standard but clean wish we had upgraded now.
kids loved the outdoor pool as the weather was so good they went in it every day
nice place to stay for a family and our dogs

Room Tip: up grade if you can
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The USP of this hotel is its location - we are working our way along the South West Coast Path and Mullion Cove's position enabled us to walk to the door at the end of a day's walk and then set of again the following morning.

Everything is how it should be, the rooms are clean, tastefully decorated and comfortable. The brasserie restaurant punches above it's weight and was full of locals - we ate there on both nights.

In comparison with some of the other places we have stayed the Mullion Cove rooms seem a little expensive and there were a number of things wrong with the bill. These were cheerfully corrected but I'm not sure that our final bill was completely correct but it was near enough.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view and a bay window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We only had Sunday lunch at the hotel but it was very good. Three course meal at a very reasonable 15 pounds providing exceptional value for money. Be sure to book in advance though because they fill up quickly!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel commands a fantastic site, reasonably remote and a car is a neccessity.

The lounges are very comfortable and overlook the cove and rocks below and it would be great in winter to be luxuriously warm watching the waves break on the rocks, unfortunately the weather was so sunny and warm that everyone was out most of the day making the most of the surrounding beauty so watching the storm was a fantasy.

The hotel was mostly full and the staff made every effort to meet customers requests promptly

We had a suite with two bedrooms which had a fab view. In future stays I would tend to opt for a bay windowed sea view room because all the rooms as far as I could see mostly had a sea view, Not many rooms had no sea view. What was crucial to me was a 'walk in' shower.

The food in the main restaurant was always well cooked and presented. My friend is allergic to butter and most sauces contained this. ( a bit of preparation on my part I think)

The breakfast range was very wide, providing a cold self service buffet as well as a cooked to order porridge, fish, eggs and full breakfast

I would be happy to spend several days on the terrace looking at the view and having a glass. I dont drive, so this is a fantasy until I find someone to drive me.

I would happily spend a period in winter sitting in the comfort of one of the lounges watching the waves crash on the rocks

I must say I was sceptical about the 'Mullion landed Lobster' on the menu on arrival until I saw a man in a Hi Vis jacket wondering over the hill he next morning and found a whole small village and harbour nestling beneath the hotel!

The clientelle were mostly traditional and the waitress looked askanse when she asked if 'my wife would be coming later to breakfast' and I replied 'shes not my wife' (clue two rooms!!)

Room Tip: I did not sample the cliff top solar heated open air pool The hotel has a very sophisticated lift a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MikeCain
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here en route to the Scilly Islands with my Mother aged 90 and my sister. The hotel receptionist was very welcoming and did everything she could to help my Mother. The hotel was also very dog friendly which was a bonus for us as my Mother does not travel without her miniature Schnauzer. The rooms were comfortable and clean although nothing special. Our evening meal was lovely and the service excellent as well as friendly. The scenery was beautiful too and we very much enjoyed our stay. The 'Star of the show' for us,however, was the receptionist who went out of her way to help us and make our stay a good one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Bedroom (Standard) Clean, comfortable, adequate size. On suite clean good size lots of hot water.
Lounges comfortable and clean, Bar very nice prices a bit high but excellent service.
Dining room very nice service superb food excellent but did long for some plain food after a week should maybe have opted for a couple of nights dining in the Bistro. The quality and choice of the breakfasts were excellent. A lovely hotel ideally situated if you want a quiet break.

Room Tip: We chose the cheapest option with no sea view a standard room we didn't intend to spend a lot of...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keithlh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Polurrian Bay Hotel
Carbis Bay Hotel & Estate
The Idle Rocks
The Idle Rocks
#1 of 5 in St Mawes

Been to Mullion Cove Hotel? Share your experiences!