$128
The Bay Hotel(Coverack)
$191
$89
TripAdvisor
Budock Vean Hotel(Mawnan Smith)
$250
$226
Agoda.com
The Old Inn(Mullion)
Pitchup.com
All reviewsmullion covegarden suitepremier roomdog friendly hotelsea viewfillet steakfor sunday lunchpublic roomsstunning locationthe cliffseafood plattercream tealovely hotelsuperb foodamazing viewssconesdog owners
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There is no denying that this hotel has an excellent position on the cliff top overlooking Mullion Cove and Mounts Bay. We booked a Premium Sea View room to make sure that we could enjoy the view over the Cove, but this cost £300 per night bed and breakfast which I consider very expensive, especially as the hotel does not have the feel of a top-price hotel and has no extra facilities apart from an outdoor pool.
Don't get me wrong - this is a nice hotel. Our room was not as large as expected, but adequate and we had a small balcony - nice when not raining. A nice touch was the fresh fruit, cookies and bottled water provided every day. The bathroom was well appointed and everything about the hotel pleasant, but the decor is, for want of a better word, out-moded. The quality of the double glazing concerned us - the seals were poor and after a rainy night we had leaks under the door to our balcony and the same happened in one of the lounges.
Breakfast was good, but the hot course was always slow in coming. Meals in the Bistro and restaurant were good, and the 3 course meal at £28 a head was good value. Service was on the whole pleasant but not always friendly, and there were lapses which one would not expect, eg chef losing our Bistro order, toast not toasted. One day an event occupied one of the 3 residents' lounges for most of the day, but coats of the participants were also left draped all over the chairs in another lounge leaving the residents with little room. All these little things take the edge off a pleasant stay - you would not expect this in a top-priced hotel.
We could not decide who the hotel was aimed at. One clue perhaps was in the email confirmation we received which advised that: "If you wish to dine in the Atlantic view restaurant, to comply with the wishes of our guests it is requested that gentlemen wear jackets for dinner." To my mind this is an out-dated attitude, and I hate having to pack a suit or jacket for a holiday just to wear it once or twice for a couple of hours at most. To suggest that it is the guests who request it is silly - we saw a number of guests eating without jackets and when we queried this were told that it was a rule they could not enforce! Time to move on?

Room Tip: You must have a sea view.
1  Thank Terlow
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at the Mullion Cove Hotel, and have fallen in love with the place! I live in London and it was a very long drive down to the hotel; however, well worth the trip!! The hotel is in a secluded spot. It was so quiet and the views were just breathtaking! It is a great place to go relax! I spent most of my stay sitting on our balcony enjoying the sound of the waves crashes against the beaches and cliffs below. However; for the more rugged at heart, there are LOTS of walks around the hotel and luckily it is dog friendly! Dogs are not allowed in the main dining area so the staff set up a private table for myself, my husband, and our dog in the front lounge for breakfast and dinner. There are numerous lounges throughout the hotel and as this was the least used we had the whole room to ourselves--Fab price for 'private dining' with a view of the sea at sunset!!!

Our room and bathroom were very nice, clean, spacious, and both looked as though they had been remodeled recently! There was a lovely, large bath tub in our room with a spa like shower. Our room had a balcony and as previously stated I left this door open and spent most of the day sitting in the sunshine and admiring the view. It was so quiet I felt as if I was the only person within hundreds of miles. It was only when I went down for dinner did I realize that there were actually quite a few people staying at the hotel.

The staff were very attentive and friendly/helpful. We received a 'dog pack' upon arrival and there was lots of info and maps about dog friendly beaches, walks, restaurants, etc. There were also poop bags and dog treats in the pack. The hotel also benefits from a Bed/Breakfast/Dinner Rate.The hotel and food are quite pricey, but from our experience we felt it was well worth it and would go again and again. At the moment we are looking for an excuss to go back ASAP!! Great Job Mullion Cove!!

Pros:
There is parking directly outside the hotel.
There is a lovely outdoor pool.
There is a lift to all the floors--great for heavy suitcases!!
Room Service is only £2.00!!
There are breathakingly stunning views!
The hotel, rooms, and bathroom seemed recently remodeled and were all very clean and modern, yet sophisticated and classic.

Cons:
Long drive from London.

Prices:
We paid about £350.00 for myself, my husband and my dog to stay for 1 night w/ Bed/Breakfast/Dinner and lunch in a private balcony room with view of the sea. Well worth the price paid!! We will definitely be going back and look forward to trying the sister hotel in Devon!

Room Tip: The front rooms have views of the sea. The side rooms have views of the cove and the outdoor swimming pool. I can recommend the balcony rooms are great for sitting in the sun and enjoying a quiet, relaxing day with great view! I imagine all rooms would be quiet as this hotel is in a very secluded spot. I stayed in a balcony room on the 1st floor and thoroughly enjoyed my room/stay.
3  Thank WorldTimeTravel
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Ate in Bistro today and have to agree with examiner99, it is rather pricey, that said the crab on the crab salad, was delicious and plenty of it, but the salad was just a few mixed leaves only with a dressing on, plus two dips and a slice of bread, we ordered a portion of chips which were French Fries, which you would get at a well known burger chain.

Possibly paying for the beautiful view and new revamp, which looks really good.

1  Thank Lizzytish013
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We loved it, a little bit old school and some might say stuffy! But the food is great, you must have the smoked cod, haddock any fish for breakfast. The evening meals were also great and backed by he dramatic coastline view this a real gem of a hotel. We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stollyblackwell
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here two nights and it was a great location for walking the coastal path, which was the best stretch we walked in Cornwall, beautifully rugged and isolated. The staff were lovely, our breakfasts & evening meals were excellent and the views are outstanding. Our room and en-suite were large, very clean and very comfortable. The hotel allow dogs but have a dog-free lounge and some dog-free rooms, we were given a welcome coffee in the dog-free lounge on arrival which was a nice gesture. It's a short drive from the Minack Theatre which is worth a visit. We had a lovely time and would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view, pet free room as I'm allergic to pet hairs. There are two large lounges downstairs, one is dog free and one allows dogs in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple