“Nice view, expensive pre packed cream teas”
Review of Poldhu Beach Cafe

Poldhu Beach Cafe
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Mullion
Cuisines: Fast Food, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Day one in Cornwall, first ever trip for me. had a bit of time to kill before the caravan park let us in with 2 very hungry teenage boys on tow. We all had cream teas, but I must admit I was very disappointed. expensive, and not a patch on the ones I buy in Morrisons back in Lincolnshire.The menu was all pretty steep to be honest Nice sea view though, but the weather was appaling - just my luck lol.

1  Thank Rookie1963

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent 3 great days at Poldhu Beach last week. The cafe is well run, very clean and very well priced. We drank tea all day, at £1 a cup it would be rude not too! Lunch was always good and freshly cooked which makes a huge difference. Many thanks to Ross and the team and we will see you again next year. We will bring the sun if you can provide the surf!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We popped in for a coffee and drank it whilst sitting on the beach. Its a stunning place, the coffee tasted great, very friendly staff, what a wonderful little find, will visit again next time we're down.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We walked from the next beach along and sent my husband back for the car while we waited on the beach for him (it's six miles by car and ten minutes walk ironically). As we rounded the corner we spotted the ice cream sign and the speed of my children increased exponentially. In fact, all whining magically disappeared. Five minutes later we were sat outside, eating ice cream (them) and drinking coffee (me). The coffee was surprisingly good for a beach cafe. Staffed entirely by young men when we visited they were efficient and friendly and did not bat an eyelid when my children wanted to discuss every item on the menu before deciding on ice cream and Kitkats! Coffee, two ice cream lollies and a large Kitkat came to a fiver, good value I thought. Open 9 - 6 in summer season. Saw people sitting around eating full english breakfasts at 11am outside on the beach - weird but I guess people like different things.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Visited the cafe after being on the beach for a few hours,all had ice creams I had the Poldu pixie ice cream which was gorgeous.W e then decided to head back to the car across the road as our ticket had expired on the car 15 minutes before,my walk loaded with the usual beach equipment turned into a sprint as one lady came running back to her friend to say hurry the ticket inspector was there and her ticket had expired to!!!,.The inspector was three cars away from ours,lucky escape as he was slapping a ticket on another car,so pleased be warned no matter how remote the car parking attendant was prying on holiday makers.
This is however not the Poldu's cafe's fault but wanted to take the opportunity to tell other holiday makers.
Gorgeous beach by the way.cafe has superb location right by the beach.