“Delicious bargain!”

Trevalsa Court Country House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mevagissey
“Delicious bargain!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We ate here using our Tastecard last week. The views were stunning, the food delicious and the waitress (sorry if I've demoted you Nicola) one of the friendliest and helpful we have come across in a long time. I'd have been happy paying full price, but with £30 saved was ecstatic! Hubby and I swapped each of our dishes half way through, so our 3 courses were more like a 6 course taster menu. Saving the pennies to stay in the hotel here soon. Thank you Trevalsa Court for a memorable evening.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here 14th and 15th March 2014. I made a last minute trip to Cornwall to visit my niece who had just had a gorgeous baby boy. As a single traveller on this occasion I did wonder how I would be welcomed as most places really are geared up for couples only. ABSOLUTELY FINE is how I would describe it. Single room was a proper room not an afterthought which was nice. I did get moved to a double room with zero fuss when it was discovered that my bathroom light cord wasn't working. The staff are an absolute credit to this hotel and really went out of their way to make me welcome and make my stay comfortable. The food was glorious and they easily catered for my dairy free diet. check in and out was very easy and my bill correct and ready for me. Most rooms have beautiful sea view. The path to Mevagissey is a gorgeous walk and Mevagissey is a delight of a village. Nearby is the town of St. Austell with all the usual facilities and a big market on Sundays.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor do enjoy the BAR CHATTER each evening. Walls are a bit thin at times too.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank juliejules2
Bovey Tracey, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

A brilliant 3 day stay via a Secret Escapes deal. So relaxing, wonderful food, great views and location, friendly and helpful staff and an easy walk into Mevagissey village centre for the odd beer. Wonderful.

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This place was great! Mevagissey is blessed with a wonderful coastline and this hotel has great views. The food, service, room and anything else you care to mention all first class. The price on Secret Escapes was a steal.

Room Tip: Sea view is a very good idea
1 Thank James T
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel using a Secret Escapes situation and went there simply for 1 night thinking that our expectations shouldn't be too high in view of the overall price ( covered B&B + Evening meals + Devon Cream Tea - all for 2 people) and boy were we wrong.

The hotel is a total pleasure. Lovely location above Mevagissey with a truly spectacular outlook. Room we had was a Superior Sea view (and believe me this description is spot on !!!) and was absolutely spot on. Everything you could require of a hotel room including a really comfortable bed!!! The hotel lounge and dining room was lovingly laid out and the 3 course meal was delicious. The drinks were very reasonably priced and the service throughout from walking in to us leaving was immaculate - special mention here to Ian who looked after us hand and foot with nothing being too much trouble for him - a really personable service without being intrusive.

The proof of the pudding is always whether you would go back - and we will !!! The only problem could be getting once we finish telling all our friends and relatives about the place.

Room Tip: A superior sea view and upwards is the way to go
cornwall
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Feb 2014. We have just returned from a one night stay at Trevalsa Court. It was really lovely, the room was clean and well presented, the service was excellent and the food was superb. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We had room 2, it was on the first floor and it had a lovely bay window
Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My partner & I have just arrived home after a 1 night stay, we arrived at the hotel wet & windswept but immediately nothing was too much trouble & this was the theme throughout our stay. Our sea view double room was delightful & the bed extremely comfortable, we enjoyed afternoon cream tea taken in the lounge complete with open fire, dinner was outstanding with fresh local produce used & a good selection of wines. Breakfast was equally enjoyable & the sea view from the dining room is amazing. The staff were all so friendly & obliging & we would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel & can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3 & it was clean, comfortable & a wonderful sea view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mevagissey
Mevagissey Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portloe
The Llawnroc Hotel
The Llawnroc Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gorran Haven

Been to Trevalsa Court Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!