“lovely evening......... great food”

Salamander Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have just come back from a holiday in Cornwall and we visited the Salamander on Wednesday evening. We had a warm welcome and despite the restaurant not being full, (it is Winter) there was a nice atmosphere. We had a choice of tables to sit at and the menu offered a good choice. We opted for a main and dessert, a bottle of red at a sensible price. Food excellent we did not have to wait long for it either. What we liked was that we could say when we wanted our dessert, so we had a good gap between courses. Hazel the owner was very friendly and added to a very enjoyable evening. If you go at a busy time make sure you book, its well worth it.

1  Thank WarwickshireBillyBoy

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Me and my Husband often go to the salamander on our anniversary and it is beautiful food and great service brilliant atmosphere and lovely owners, would highly recommend a visit, the steak is the best steak you will ever have!!

1  Thank SarahBuchanan87
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The salamander has a great menu, particularly with regards to the locally caught fish. We had a two course dinner for £23 each and thought it was a great idea that our choices were not wavered by the prices of individual dishes. The staff were friendly and discrete and the wine menu good. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We visit Salamander 2or 3 times a year and it really is superb value for money for top quality food. Its a firm favourite of ours and we will be making return visits this year. Faultless food and service. Go there!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am really impressed with this place. My partner & I were looking for a place to eat one evening before Christmas in Mevagissey and just walked in on the off chance ( as it's quite small, I didn't expect them to have a free table but we were lucky). The menu outside looked really good : lots of locally caught fresh fish and very reasonably priced too. The service was great: friendly,efficient and very attentive. The menu was quite varied for such a small place, heaven for fish lovers but also caters for 'meaties' & vegetarians alike.We thouroughly enjoyed our meal and I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I said that about a restaurant.In fact we were so impressed I booked a table there & then for New Years Eve. Second time round was just as good. A choice of 3 different menus for New Year's Eve : 3 courses + glass of champagne, amuses bouches, petits fours & coffee for £ 45 (if I remember correctly)... I would recommend this place to all.
Bon Appétit !