“Unbeatable in the area”

Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We visit Salamander 2or 3 times a year and it really is superb value for money for top quality food. Its a firm favourite of ours and we will be making return visits this year. Faultless food and service. Go there!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am really impressed with this place. My partner & I were looking for a place to eat one evening before Christmas in Mevagissey and just walked in on the off chance ( as it's quite small, I didn't expect them to have a free table but we were lucky). The menu outside looked really good : lots of locally caught fresh fish and very reasonably priced too. The service was great: friendly,efficient and very attentive. The menu was quite varied for such a small place, heaven for fish lovers but also caters for 'meaties' & vegetarians alike.We thouroughly enjoyed our meal and I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I said that about a restaurant.In fact we were so impressed I booked a table there & then for New Years Eve. Second time round was just as good. A choice of 3 different menus for New Year's Eve : 3 courses + glass of champagne, amuses bouches, petits fours & coffee for £ 45 (if I remember correctly)... I would recommend this place to all.
Bon Appétit !

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This lovely little restaurant is tucked away on a side street in Mevagissey, serving consistently delicious food in a relaxing environment. The fish, as you would expect, is fresh and tasty; there is an excellent choice from an interesting menu, both meat and fish. The local wine is really interesting, and the wine menu generally very good value. It's essential to book, it's not a large restaurant and rightly popular with locals and visitors to this lovely area; do go!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

In a tiny back street , you could almost miss this place! The food is beautifully cooked /presented , the menu is varied and very well price ,good wine menu ,and the service is very friendly , this restaurant is tiny , o you must book to avoid disappointment , we will definitely be back

Reviewed December 28, 2012

So we're in Mevagissey standing outside The Salamander looking at the menu, when two diners exiting say " get in there now before they're full the food is fantastic" We know what they mean, weve been here before. The food is outstanding. The service great. Fine dining indeed.