“best meal in a loooooooong time”

Salamander Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Liverpool
“best meal in a loooooooong time”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a booking for 4 on a Saturday evening (good job - it was fully booked - I'd always book in advance in or out of season)

Small place but a good atmosphere, warm welcoming greeting and friendly service - for each course (and we ate 3) the food quality and taste was fantastic, each course done with different touches which added to the taste - the chef obviously cares about his craft - (plenty of choice for carnivores and or vegequarians) I had the scallops starter and I have never eaten better in my life - they just melted in my mouth

I had steak which was excellent - tried the pork disk - never seen anything like for presentation or for taste) and the desserts were as Michael Winner might say 'historic'

my only regret was they they were closed on the Sunday evening that week or we would have been back for more

if staying in or near to Mevagissey then for a top quality meal at reasonable prices with great service Salamander is the place to go

If we are ever near there again - that's first on the list (but with advance booking)

• Visited September 2012

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“excellent evening and great food”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

my girlfriend and i went here in August and had a lovely time really relaxed atmosphere
the food was fantastic and the staff very friendly and helpful every course had a great and varied choice very impressive very much recommended

• Visited August 2012
Italy
“An outstanding restaurant”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is an outstanding restaurant with very good prices. Fresh fish daily, meat alternatives, with fresh vegetables followed by superb desserts, all perfectly cooked by Mark. There is a good choice of wines from most regions of the world which Hazel can guide you through. Hazel looks after you very well in the restaurant and Mark always prepares consistently excellent food. Overall one of our favourite restaurants in England.

• Visited October 2012
Mevagissey, United Kingdom
“meal”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

we went for a meal here and it was excellent food good service & atmosphere and would definatley go again

Visited September 2012
Jefferson, NC
“Best meal in 10-15 years!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The suggestion was made to eat here and what a fabulous decission it was to go. We ate early or could not have gotten in this wee place- but you must simply must dine if you want a true food experience. We travel for a living and were on vacation so we know good from bad to GREAT-- and this chef is simply the very best. My husband thanks to the charming waitress tried for the first time the John Dory and yummie for the tummy. I had the best scallop dish of my life and folks that says something.
The soup, bread- dipping oil and on and on was presented with flair and was so good. As others and I have said it is small which I think makes it even extra special. We would have dined there the next 2 nights- but for them closing for a death. Tragic cause boy we could have eaten there again and again. BEST to you all and keep up the great work. We thought the prices for the qualiy were a great deal.

• Visited September 2012