“Not sure about this one”

Wheel House Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 42 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I ate here one evening whilst in Mevagissey. We both ordered fish & chips and were both very disappointed. The fish was by no means as nice as from the local takeaway fish shop and the chips were frozen!

We were eating out for breakfast the following morning and the Wheelhouse was the only place open at 9.00am so we reluctantly re-visited not expecting anything special. However, my husband had a full breakfast which looked and apparently was delicious. I had two slices of granary toast with butter and marmalade - it was lovely lots of butter and marmalade in pots and two thick slices of toast - Wheelhouse redeemed itself somewhat with breakfast.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

On entering a female member of staff was laying across a booth for 4 with her filthy footwear up on the bench texting. We had to interrupt the young staff chatting to order, then check up on order and then to get the bill. I had the seafood stew which made my stomach swell up - I re-asked if it contained dairy and although the young man asked in the kitchen he did not come back and tell me what the chef said. I would not eat here again - even for free. The place was empty - we should have seen this as a sign.

1  Thank CitybreakerBerkshire
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This restaurant has many fish meals on the menu and very reasonably priced in comparison to the rest of restaurants in Mevagissey.
Being right next to the harbour we opted for fish and chips which was plentiful and really tasty.
Service was excellent and all round good evening.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived about mid-Friday evening and asked for a table which was offered immediately. Decore is typical Cornish dark wood, trying to look like a period tavern, but it was clean and comfortable and overlooks the harbour.

Drinks arrived promptly and the food after an appropriate time to cook it well. My "Seafeast" was unfortunately that. Rarely is my stomach smaller than my appetite but this time I had to leave some of what was an excellent meal, whilst my wife ate all of hers and enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table for evening meal & rewarded with a window table overlooking the harbour. Friendly efficient service, emphasis on specials fish menu which was why we booked. Fish excellent & well presented but wide variety of other options on menu. No complaints, nice relaxed atmosphere, reasonable prices.