“A good random choice for a Friday night”

Wheel House Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 40 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived about mid-Friday evening and asked for a table which was offered immediately. Decore is typical Cornish dark wood, trying to look like a period tavern, but it was clean and comfortable and overlooks the harbour.

Drinks arrived promptly and the food after an appropriate time to cook it well. My "Seafeast" was unfortunately that. Rarely is my stomach smaller than my appetite but this time I had to leave some of what was an excellent meal, whilst my wife ate all of hers and enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table for evening meal & rewarded with a window table overlooking the harbour. Friendly efficient service, emphasis on specials fish menu which was why we booked. Fish excellent & well presented but wide variety of other options on menu. No complaints, nice relaxed atmosphere, reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Second time here great value fresh seafood and service. Fresh sardines mixed fish platter and lots of other tasty items on the menu. Looking out over the harbour its a good place to watch the world go by and we will definitely be back. Thanks.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ate with my family and friends. The food was fantastic, my 10 year old son told me it was the best meal he'd had in Cornwall. I had the sea food risotto which was fantastic with loads of fish and very tasty. The staff were very friendly if somewhat rushed of their feet and the service was a little slow, however given that the staff didn't stop whilst we were there this hasn't put me off. I would definitely eat here again

Reviewed September 9, 2013

not the best place in mevagissey to go, but it's ok to stop for a refreshing drink whilst walking around.
I have never eaten in here,