“Very tasty!”
Review of Jon's Bistro at Bre-Pen Farm - CLOSED

Jon's Bistro at Bre-Pen Farm
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rustic cuisine, locally inspired!Open year-round for dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings from 7pm (plus Thursday evenings during the summer). Three-course dinner for £20 per person, bring your own wine (no corkage fee). Please call for evening reservations.Free parking. Credit and debit cards accepted (excluding Amex).
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely 3 course meal here last week.
The food was very tasty, presentation was excellent and it was cooked to perfection. The different flavours all worked together and it was such a lovely place to eat.
service was faultless and they made us feel really welcome. Being able to bring your own alcohol is a bonus too.
I would definately eat here again!

1  Thank Orlandorocks41

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Don't be fooled by the simple sounding menu. The 'wild ramson and clotted cream' turned out to be the most delicate and divine wild garlic soup, with roasted nuts and the most delicate pea shoots.
Both the pork and the vegetarian mains were to die for. I am not a pork fan normally, but had a taste of my partners dish and I have never eaten pork that was as tender and full of flavour!
The rhubarb desert was amazing and was topped with what I can only described as crumbed sorbet.

Jon the chef is a genius, Jen (front of house) is knowledgeable about the dishes and the individual ingredients.

Don't be put of by the uncomplicated surroundings, you are in for the treat of your lives!
A must for any food lover.

We rebooked for next time before we left! Oh did I mention....only £20 per head.

1  Thank Mel S
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was the first time we had visited the farm and a unique experience it is. We attended the monthly sunday supper club which is a five course set menu. Diners sit together on two long tables of 10 and you bring your own wine. The decor is rustic farmhouse and personally I am more interested in the food than my surroundings! Jon the chef is clearly passionate about food and ingredients and describes each course at the start of the evening. What then follows is a good 3 hours of a laid back evening with truly excellent quality food. Fantastic value for money as well. If you prefer the sort of evening where there are snooty staff bustling about and fawning over you, chandeliers and crystal then you won't like the Bistro. If however you are interested in great food and a relaxed atmosphere then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it again. It was really that good I booked there and then for March (February was already fully booked!)

2  Thank Petra C
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have already enjoyed the delights of this absolutely outstanding Bistro on two previous occasions with other couples. Jon is a really brilliant chef who has learned his craft well from the highest places and his other half, Jill, matches him in her almost poetic and salivating descriptions of the courses on offer and completely personal service. Almost everything is local, fresh and first class. This husband and wife team take a pride in what they do. They keep the choices small, but the quality is beyond anything I've registered before. We were bowled over the first time we went and not a tiny sliver of disappointment the second. I love the idea of taking our own favourite wines along, rather than pay quite a large amount for a restaurant's own choice. It's a small venue, but I hope it remains like that. We are always keen to try new places, but this is one we already are planning to return to with two further couples we are keen to show off this gem to.

1  Thank DABsDelight
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went to Jon's Bistro for my birthday after reading reviews here. Great atmosphere, great friendly service and I don't think the menu did the dish justice! We tried all the options on the menu (except for the veggie main) and every single dish was top restaurant standard but less than half the price!! I have tried flavours that I never tried together before and thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommend to visit this lovely restaurant when visiting Cornwall!!

1  Thank Yannie11