We stayed at the park for 7 nights in August in a 2 bedroom cottage. The drive was long (from the Midlands) but once there we were thrilled with the park, location and accommodation. It also helped that we had glorious sunshine all week! The reception and staff were friendly and helpful and we were shown to our accommodation and around it immediately upon arrival. There was milk, tea and coffee provided which was a nice touch. After that we were left alone but knew there was someone to call on if needed. The cottage was spacious with lovely bedrooms, a bathroom and an en-suite, and open plan lounge/kitchen/diner. There were two flat screen TVs and bare floors throughout which helped cleaning. My only criticism was the lounge furniture which, although perfectly adequate, was not very comfortable. However, there were some nice touches, such as a selection of books and board games in the cottage and a DVD library at reception which you can access daily and borrow when you like free of charge. All cleaning products were supplied, as was a dishwasher, and the information book said to let staff know if you needed more products. On the last but one day I asked for some more dishwasher tablets and was told I should buy my own. Not having a dishwasher at home I said it would be a waste of money to purchase a box of them from the village shop, so I was begrudgingly given some. This was the only time however that I felt staff were unhelpful. The park itself is lovely, with a great outdoor pool which was warm and open from 9 till 7.30 daily. There is an indoor pool being built (open October 2010) which will be a great addition, especially in the bad weather. There were workmen there for most of our holiday but they didn't disrupt us at all. There is also a good trampoline and swing area for children and plenty of toys for younger children. You can also do your laundry free of charge if you don't have facilities in your accommodation. The village and beach are lovely and convenient, only a few minutes walk away, with lots of different places to eat out if you want to. We sampled all of these, the pub, chippy, pizza takeaway and 'Fire' bistro. They were all good, especially the pub and bistro, and all family friendly. There is also a village store for milk, bread etc but this is a little pricy. There are supermarkets at nearby towns but you need to drive to them. Mawgan Porth is convenient for Newquay and Padstow, which are only a few miles away, and we also visited Tintagel which was fantastic and about 45 minutes drive away. The park prides itself on being eco-friendly and you are encouraged to recycle for which facilities are provided. There is also a vegetable patch which we didn't use but I understand you can pick your own from there. All in all we had a great time. Be aware that your mobile phone probably won't have a signal (there is a public phone box on site). The indoor pool will be a great addition and looks larger than the outdoor pool. We will definitely visit again if we go to Cornwall. I think we found a lovely gem, out of the way of the busy seaside areas but near enough to visit them if you wish. We liked Dairyland Farm Park ( near Newquay), Tintagel, Padstow boat rides (to see the seals) and the Eden Project (St Austell, about 40 mins drive).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Park you will find a unique holiday park with its selection of extraordinary lodgings scattered throughout acres of tranquil woodland. Imagine every style of holiday home in the most picturesque of Cornish surroundings; eco-lodges, beach houses, luxury cottages, summerhouses, Mongolian yurts and static caravans, including retro fitted 1950’s Air Stream trailers. All perfectly placed in and around 27 acres of coastal woodland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Park, Cornwall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park At Mawgan Porth Hotel Mawgan Porth
- The Park, Cornwall Mawgan Porth