We have stayed here year on year for quite a number of years and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have built an indoor pool and cafe area since we first began going and this has really improved the facilities.
However, there has been a dramatic decline in customer service this year. You now get a number for a safety box attached to the outside of your property where your keys will be on arrival - previous years we were met by a member of staff and, if required, shown round the complex & to our cottage – this was a lovely personal touch that appears to be lacking now.
On our final day there was a letter on our door mat when we arrived back from the beach that basically said 'hope you've had a nice stay but you need to be gone by 10 in the morning' - I thought this was terrible, maybe if I hadn't stayed here many times before I would have been ok, but knowing The Park as I do this was totally out of keeping with The Parks usual friendly ethos.
I saw a programme the other day that featured The Park (Home Sweet Home Holiday, I think it was called) and it showed the 'new manager' meeting and greeting people on arrival and waving them off when they leave - this doesn't happen, you are lucky if you see the manager.
Yes, the facilities are good, but having stayed previously & returned again & again for the atmosphere and friendly staff who clearly enjoy what they do. We have seen a drastic change this year in the feel and atmosphere of the place. The Park appear now to just want your money & the friendliness we loved so much has sadly disappeared – this WAS something wonderful but unfortunately we will not be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Park you will find a unique holiday park with its selection of extraordinary lodgings scattered throughout acres of tranquil woodland. Imagine every style of holiday home in the most picturesque of Cornish surroundings; eco-lodges, beach houses, luxury cottages, summerhouses, Mongolian yurts and static caravans. All perfectly placed in and around 27 acres of coastal woodland and only 5 minutes walk to a vast and stunning Cornish beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Park, Cornwall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park At Mawgan Porth Hotel Mawgan Porth
- The Park, Cornwall Mawgan Porth