“Extremely friendly and excellent value for money.”
Review of Kernow Trek Lodge

Kernow Trek Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Mawgan Porth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, welcoming and most accommodating; my partner and I had a lovely couple of nights. Breakfasts were amazing and set us up perfectly for days of exploring. I would strongly recommend for singles, couples, and families of any age, and international travellers will get a true taste of good old fashioned British hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Kernow Trek Lodge for 5 nights in July. The B&B is lovely - the owners are relaxed and friendly and make you feel at home. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, it was difficult to choose between the cooked breakfast and the pancakes every morning. The rooms are cosy, comfortable and spotless. The communal areas are very pleasant and well thought out, with wooden swings and a nice covered seating area as well as a small garden. I sometimes find B&Bs quite noisy as I am a light sleeper; I couldn't hear anything from neighbouring rooms but found the hallways a bit echoey with their laminated flooring when some guests decided to come and go during the night without being respectful of the other guests' sleep - I had earplugs though, so I was able to sleep. We would have liked to stay a week longer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel_31216
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A memoriable stay!
Friendly, clean and helpful.
On the doorstep to local beaches which are amazing!
Quiet area. Outstanding choices of breakfast to choose from every morning.
These people have it right.. We felt completely welcome as soon as we arrived.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Service was perfect, Rosie and Andrew are really wonderful hosts with a lot of hints where to go and what to see. The room we had was for a familiy, with enought of space, equipped with everything we needed, comfortable beds, very clean and bright, even with sea view! Breakfast was very good, too, with a wide selection and fresh prepared - so we enjoyed staying there and can absolutely recommend this lovely B&B!
There is absolutely nothing to complain and we're planning to stay longer at the next time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed as part of a surfing package with O'Neill Surf Academy at Watergate Bay and Andrew, Rosie and girls made me feel immediately at home. My room was a single, small but perfectly formed, I had everything I needed, TV, en suite, tea and coffee making facilities, very comfortable, light and airy and it was spotlessly clean throughout. Breakfast was wonderful, a large selection of food available from cooked to continental, I particularly enjoyed my vegetarian option.They made me feel part of the family and I will be returning next year for my next surfing extravaganza!

Room Tip: Ideal for surfing as it is just at the top of Watergate Bay. Parking only £6 for a whole day in the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very friendly and helpful, room was always very clean and the breakfast was excellent with generous portions.I fully recommend it, ample car parking, stayed with them for about 2 weeks, it definitely felt like home from home, will visit them when ever I am around the area. I am sure that I will get a warm welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This B&B mixes the two best parts of a hotel and a B&B, you get a nice personal service, along with the freedom and personal space of a hotel.

Placed in between two great beaches, Mawgan Porth and Watergate Bay, it is the perfect location for enjoying the beach... It's also a good base in which to enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer!

The rooms are reasonably sized, clean, airy and en-suite. Rooms were cleaned well on a daily basis and a 7 night stay was more than comfortable for us. The cost of the room was also very reasonable for the season and for the area, in my opinion.

The breakfasts are fantastic, from a full English to pancakes, all were cooked to perfection with generous helpings. Rosie and Andrew both went out of there way to accommodate our needs and make perfect hosts.

My girlfriend and I could not recommend this B&B more highly! We hope to make a return stay here next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Room 7 was a reasonable size with lots of storage, it also had two windows, so lots of natural light...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple